The Technical Project Managers role is to ensure execution of high profile & critically important projects & programs of work resulting in our customers deriving maximum value & utilisation from the Tanium technology & services purchased. Technical Project Managers act as a link between the Tanium Account Team & the customers team at the project execution level. This role requires an individual to be both technically & tactically proficient with Enterprise IT tools, & to be able to operate Tanium on behalf of our customers. When on site or remotely supporting customers, the Technical Project Manager acts as a champion for Tanium best practices & as an advocate for the customers requirements with Tanium.
Technical Project Managers act as part of a cross-functional Enterprise Services Team that complements the existing Sales, CSM, & TAM teams on accounts in two ways. First, by understanding & overcoming the short-term barriers to successful implementation/utilisation of the Tanium product, while ensuring that best practices are being implemented to ensure a stable, available, & performant Tanium infrastructure. Second, by developing, managing, & reporting on a plan that priorities customer objectives, success criteria, & milestones along that path.
What youll do:
- Independently (or with close collaboration with customers & Partners) own & manage complex technical projects with multiple dependencies, to meet stated & agreed objectives
- Develop & maintain project plans & schedules. Assist team members in planning, estimating, & controlling tasks. Ensure that interfaces are recognized & tasks are integrated. Perform critical path analysis & develop action plans to mitigate risk. Identify & implement alternative solutions. Delivery a variety of presentations in support of the objectives
- Drive maximum integration of Tanium into business processes & controls in order to achieve the value proposition & efficiency goals. In achieving this, Technical Project Managers are expected to understand & support technical integration of Tanium into our customers tool chains, business processes, & operational workflows.
- Tracking & reporting the health of assigned projects and, where appropriate, implementing get well plans.
- Assisting on other account level activities such as stakeholder mapping, maturity modelling, enhancement tracking, & project/engagement reporting
- Assist with practice development opportunities to mature the cross-functional nature of Enterprise Services.
- Contribute to documentation efforts, both internally & publicly facing
- Maintain a broad understanding of the Tanium solution & its capabilities
- Provide purpose, motivation, & direction to fellow members of the Customer Account Team
Were looking for someone with:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- 10 years of experience in technical project management
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
- Track record of project management for long-term, multi-million dollar implementations
- Network/Cyber operations, Service Management, Professional Services, Customer Success, or Consulting backgrounds preferred
- Able to conduct briefings on large enterprise IT concepts; familiar with general networking, network architectures, & database concepts
- Consultative mindset combined with project-based execution while implementing novel solutions
- Ability to translate customers priorities, business objectives, process hindrances, & tactical operational difficulties into solution options using Tanium
- Interest in identifying & solving customers IT challenges
- Previous experience in a customer facing role, using interpersonal communication skills
- Willingness to always go above & beyond for the customer
- Team player with excellent organisational abilities