NowThis is looking for a Production Assistant based in NY for a daily live morning news show. Working with the #1 video news brand on the social web, youll be working with a highly motivated production team on all aspects of live & field production. The Production Assistant must be strongly committed to journalism & social video creation.
In this role, you will be mainly responsible for assisting the production team with the production calendar & logistics surrounding daily live morning news show. The right person will have demonstrable experience excelling in a team environment, working on multiple projects at once all while staying organized. This role will report to the Senior Producer.
A Typical work week looks like:
- Assist production team on all areas of pre & post production
- Running scripts & rundowns before live studio production
- Assist with booking guests as requested
- Greet guests & coordinate green room traffic
- Research story ideas, log interviews, & gather footage
- Create clips & edit on Adobe Premiere
- Assist in creating & maintaining editorial & production calendars
- Understand the design & makeup of the directors visual requirements
The next great Production Assistant will look like:
- Must have 2 years experience of google office drive.
- At least 2 years experience in large scale projects within media production
- Excellent time management skills
- Comfort in working with an email driven workforce
- Professional demeanor & comfort in speaking to high level team members
- Must be able to create editorial calendar & reports
- Strong research skills
- Thorough knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, history
We have amazing people.We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. From pride to wellness to diversity, employees lead clubs that matter. We also know how to host a top-notch happy hour. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We value development.We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
We care about you.We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Knowing that time out of the office is as important as time spent in the office, our vacation, sick, & federal holiday allowances ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future.We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value diversity & inclusivity.Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Group Nine Media is also a participant in e-verify.
We serve snacks, cold brew, coffee, & tea.Who needs anything else?
About Group Nine
Group Nine reaches more people on mobile than any publisher in the U.S. Our mission is to tell great stories that spark action & make a real difference. With nearly 45M Americans engaging with our content every day [source: Nielsen Digital Content Ratings, January 2019], Group Nine's brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 70% of Americans ages 18-34 every month [source: Nielsen, December 2018]. Audiences spend nearly 3 billion minutes a month engaging with our category-defining brands - NowThis, the no. 1 most watched mobile news brand in the world; The Dodo, the no. 1 animal brand on digital; Thrillist, the most trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand in the U.S. In 2017, Group Nine acquired Emmy nominated, Cannes Lion & Sundance Film Festival award-winning production studio, JASH