About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
As a member of our software engineering team, youll be part of a team that crafts & ships the code that powers our entire business & enables us to take care of food -- from user-facing web experiences, to code that interfaces with our RESTful API services. Youll be joining a team of inspired engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Design, estimate & implement new & refactored software services on the platform securely, reliably & at scale
- Work closely with product & engineering leadership to contribute to the technical design of projects with major company impact
- Work with internal tech teams to identify & build platform elements required to support key product features
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with product owners, & other members of the digital product team to develop best-of-breed digital experience that meet the needs of our users & drive our business objectives
- Provide guidance & mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team
- Contribute to the growing expertise of Daily Harvests engineering team by learning from veteran members & mentoring newer recruits
Who you are:
- Education, training or experience equivalent to a BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics)
- 5+ years of professional experience with software development
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, TypeScript, Jest, Selenium, Storybook, Redux & redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development & Agile software solutions like JIRA & Clubhouse
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.