Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 425 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com/en-us, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk & www.refinery29.de for more information & to browse content.
About the team:
The PR Assistant will support Refinery29's public relations team as well as the EVP of Communications by managing day-to-day PR operations, administrative tasks & activities, completing monthly expense reports & managing schedules. This is a prime opportunity for a smart, highly driven individual with excellent initiative to gain a wealth of knowledge & experience in a fast-paced & creative environment. The PR Assistant is a forward-thinking visionary who is able to think about the Refinery29 business as it relates to the communications team.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to be a catalyst for women to feel, see, & claim their power & realize their infinite potential. You are a magic maker who sees possibility & turns dreams into reality.
What you'll do: (D2D Responsibilities)
- Establish productive relationships with other assistants & R29 executives to work as collaboratively as possible
- Ensure priorities are managed; daily & long-term requests are addressed
- Proactively manage calendars
- Manage meeting logistics including booking & prepping rooms, creating & preparing necessary materials, organizing catering, providing conference call details, taking notes, & welcoming external guests
- Manage & submit monthly expense reports & departmental invoices
- Coordinate international & domestic travel logistics including flight itineraries, hotel rates & reservations, car services, & international phone plans in accordance with personal travel preferences
- Support events by creating guest lists & managing door check-in
- Assist in tracking media coverage & organization of press reports
- Draft & distribute content such as newsletters & press recaps
- Media outreach support & coordination
- Build & research new media contacts & lists
- Research & maintain a master calendar of on-going awards, conferences & applicable events
- Assist in building communications collateral, such as one-sheets & media briefing documents
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Executive assistant or public relations experience
- Must be a highly organized & solutions-driven go-getter with ability to see the big picture & pay attention to detail, handle multiple priorities at once, manage time effectively, & maintain composure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgement & discretion
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player