Via is looking for a Director of Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting who will lead the effort to build our SEC reporting function from the ground up. You will help us implement the systems & processes to allow us to operate at a public company standard. A successful candidate will be a motivated, organized, self starter with strong project management skills & a proven record of success working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the SEC Reporting function. Evaluate & implement systems, processes & procedures to support the transition from a Pre-IPO Company to a public company.
- Collaborate cross functionally on to build SEC reporting processes that will ensure accurate & timely reporting of required filings & disclosures.
- Draft & coordinate the preparation of quarterly & annual SEC disclosures for MD&A & financial statement footnotes as required in Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K earnings releases & other SEC filings.
- Stay current on new & proposed accounting standards & SEC requirements to understand the impact on the Company. Be the leader in driving adoption & implementation of these standards in accordance with stated timelines.
- Prepare & maintain the Companys technical accounting white papers on significant accounting areas, as well as the Companys accounting policy manuals.
Who You Are:
- At least 10 years of experience with a mix of working at a top tier public accounting firm & an in-house SEC reporting role, ideally at a SaaS or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry
- Organized & independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Strong executor; people think of you as someone who delivers. You get the job done, while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance with a CPA certification
What Catches Our Eye:
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP & SEC Reporting requirements
- Experience in implementing new systems or processes
- You don't shy away from a challenge, & are excited to build something from scratch.
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Were proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution & modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems & sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.