Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Our Executive Assistant Chief Marketing Officer provides Executive level administrative support to the CMO & any additional C-Suite Executives as business needs develop. You will eventually support more than one VP or above level leadership team member. The ideal candidate should be organized, detail-oriented, flexible, creative, committed, & passionate about his/her work as an administrative & business support partner to senior level leadership. This role will report to our Director of Administrative & Office Operations.
You should be a team player with a positive attitude & a professional disposition. Confidentiality & discretion are key for this role & must be taken seriously. Due to the visibility of the position, you will need to work well with all levels at Mailchimp & external partners.
What youll do here:
- Assist CMO daily & gatekeep: schedule & attend meetings, learn the business of the CMO in order to prioritize business needs appropriately, organize & track projects - provide best-in-class administrative support to Mailchimps senior most leader within the marketing team, ensuring our CMO is prepared for all meetings & logistics are arranged ahead of time to optimize work/life balance
- Heavy business & personal calendar management; be flexible to accommodate last minute changes & additions while ensuring the day-to-day needs of business are met
- Perform administrative duties & functions requiring confidentiality & discretion, initiative, & sound decision-making
- Plan & execute all associated logistics around meetings (presentation writing / coordination, agendas, copies, room setup, catering), initiate & coordinate departmental leadership & off-site meetings, conferences, etc
- Coordinate heavy domestic & international travel arrangements, create detailed itineraries for the Executive & process expense reports in a timely fashion
- Presentation creation & editing experience expected via google slides and/or powerpoint, keynote
- Maintain confidentiality of all appropriate communications & documentation
- Collaboration & close work with Mailchimp leadership, staff, & all Administrative team partners as needed
- Maintain close relationships with the teams who report to the Executives, be the Execs eyes & ears on the ground, alert the executives of important cultural issues within team
- Be proactive vs reactive, anticipating the needs of Executives before being asked as much as possible
- Be open to both business & personal project management; working closely to maintain personal life appointments & family matters / needs as it relates to CMO
- Attend & provide valued insights in Administrative Operations meetings, set & meet goals, work on team projects as assigned, show passion in learning & development to continue growth in your Administrative role
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 5 or more years relevant experience in a C-Suite capacity, Executive Assistant support role at the highest corporate level. Prior Executive Leadership Team member support is required. Experience within the Tech or Marketing space required.
- You prioritize tasks & meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- You have strong problem solving & quick thinking skills.
- You independently explore & learn about the company, the role & how to get things done in a complex environment.
- You are a strong team player, collaborate well with other executive assistants & are willing to chip in & help in other areas.
- You have experience & skill creating & organizing presentations & reporting for executive audience.
- You have excellent organizational & planning skills with attention to detail.
- You have strong organizational & time management skills to stay on top of time sensitive projects & urgent requests, requiring a high level of flexibility & ability to execute quickly.
- You think ahead, minimizing potential problems.
- You are proactive in identifying areas to improve.
- You have effective verbal & written communication skills.
- You communicate openly & directly. Adjust communication to level of audience. Respond professionally.
- You have the ability to handle highly confidential material.
- You have the ability to work efficiently & handle multiple projects & tasks concurrently, in a fast-paced environment.
- You have Proficient Mac or PC skills to include Google suite.
- You take initiative to learn new systems & stay current in area of expertise.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.