Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
To meet our ambitious goals, we are looking for a Transportation Associate to join our Supply Chain Team. This role will support the growth of operations across Glossier. You will focus on coordinating global logistics between Glossier & its customers, partners, & fulfillment network. You are a self-starter with high levels of autonomy & integrity in your work.
You will partner closely with operators across the company to bring new products to market & drive efficiencies across the entire supply chain. The Transportation Associate will help us answer key questions on how we scale Glossier, & drive change through process & efficiency.
6 Month Expectations
- Be the expert on all things shipping at Glossier, & develop a holistic understanding of operations at Glossier & broader industry trends
- Execute daily shipping/booking/tracking/communication responsibilities with accuracy & promptness, enabling an efficient flow of goods & information
- Ensure data accuracy across systems & reporting through either manual or automated reconciliation processes
- Leverage your structured mindset to deliver analyses, dashboards, reports, & data tooling from business questions
- Develop relationships with cross-functional partners at Glossier, & use your position to create SOPs & scope potential technical solutions
12 Month Expectations
- Build a strategy & perspective around the international freight market, using your knowledge to influence supply chain decisions & activate product-specific opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships & conduct monthly business reviews that drive those learnings into actionable follow-ups & results.
- Work with Operations & Supply Chain leaders to define transportation KPIs & goals
- Partner with business stakeholders to translate transportation needs into detailed, actionable analysis
- You have 2+ years of professional experience, ideally in a transportation, supply chain, or operations role within a consumer-facing startup
- Self-sufficiency in data analysis & modeling with tools like Excel & Looker
- Enthusiastic, creative, & entrepreneurial. You work autonomously.
- Preferred: prior experience in an operational organization, SQL proficiency
- ERP experience (Netsuite preferred)
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.