We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director to lead our Global FP&A function.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will drive financial & strategic leadership across our business as we build the most beloved & trusted travel brand in the world. This leadership role will help continue to build our FP&A team to ensure we're developing a scalable approach to long-term planning, strategic corporate finance, financial operations, international & retail expansion & more. You will report into the VP of FP&A & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Partner with all members of the senior management team & other company leadership on assessing & analyzing critical business decisions
- Support the VP of FP&A to execute the full company planning cycle including the long range planning process, annual operating plan & monthly/quarterly forecasting processes
- Drive annual operating plan cycle including target setting, guideline creation, managing calendar & milestones
- Support in the production of materials & presentations for senior leadership & board of directors
- Implement processes, frameworks & systems that allow us to capture & utilize timely & accurate data across the business to make better decisions as we become a global organization
- Responsible for overseeing & refining long range, driver based financial model for the business at Region/Channel/Product level in partnership with cross-functional teams
- Establish & lead process to prepare all financial forecasts in partnerships with leaders across the company
- Support capital planning process to evaluate all investment decisions across the company
- Lead expense & liquidity planning efforts in partnership with senior leadership
- Partner closely with Accounting & Treasury teams, proactively seeking opportunities to improve processes & forecasting accuracy across all areas of FP&A
Who you are:
- 10+ years of progressive financial analysis experience. Background in retail or consumer goods preferred
- Demonstrated success driving decision-making through influence through cross-functional collaboration across various levels & functions
- Able to execute on today's challenges while maintaining a forward-thinking mindset around where we'll be six months, a year, & several years from now
- Data driven & goal oriented, you measure success both quantitatively & qualitatively, & understand the importance of both
- Extraordinary Excel / PowerPoint / financial modeling skills
- Proven ability to develop & manage a team
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.