Peloton is seeking a Lead UX Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, & optimization of our digital presence & ecommerce store. This UX Researcher will work directly with the acquisition Product Managers, Product Designer & Developers to influence & impact roadmap & solutions through qualitative & quantitative research. This role sits on the Web Acquisition & Member Experience team & reports directly to Product Design Director.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Evolve Pelotons existing user-experience research infrastructure to ensure conducting virtual, field, & in-office user testing is seamless, efficient, & easy to analyze & report on.
- Proactively collaborate with stakeholders to come up with a research roadmap that will inform projects as well as business opportunities.
- Mentor & support peers or juniors on research practices
- Source participants for user research & testing & handle logistics & schedules around live testing.
- Conduct user testing on flat-designs, prototypes, beta, & finished products & features.
- Conduct qualitative & quantitative research using a range of tools & approaches (e.g. interviews, ethnography, card sorting, surveys) to answer Product & UX questions & produce new insights.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Implement tools to observe user behavior & interaction remotely.
- Monitor member social & support channels for feedback trends to identify as high impact opportunities for further learning. Consolidate, quantify, & report on the results of any user testing, interviewing, etc. in a concise way to clearly communicate recommendations on product & feature direction.
- During feature definition, work with Product Managers & Product Designer to identify decision points that may benefit from testing, & define timeline, scope, & methodology for potential testing.
- Regularly conduct user research & testing on existing Peloton acquisition products, to identify pain points & ensure that the current experience is constantly improving.
- Document & track learnings gathered through testing & research so insights can easily be referenced & applied for future projects.
- 8+ years of UX Research experience (or similar relevant experience)
- Proven leadership experience in advocating User Research across teams
- Ability to mentor other team members on research objectives & tactics
- Can provide work samples focused on UX Research
- Experience writing & conducting user interviews
- Experience designing & conducting user testing of web experiences
- Experience with remote & in-person user testing methodologies
- Experience in reporting on user testing results in a concise & actionable way
- Strong quantitative, analytical, & problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Exceptional communication & storytelling skills
- Self Starter; ability to act autonomously
- Constant attention to detail
- Experience building flat prototype with Invision
- Can distill relevant information from a heap of data around product usage
As a Bonus:
- Experience analyzing consumer web products
- Experience working in an agile scrum team
- Experience in health & fitness, gaming, or other related fields
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.