theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 75 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Operations Team is a group of fast-moving & analytical thinkers who thrive on getting stuff done. As a lean team at theSkimm, we do more with less & we hustle. Nobody is too senior or too junior to do something. Everybody executes, & we are always in growth mode. Reporting to theSkimm's future Director of Revenue Operations, we're looking to hire an analyst to support internal stakeholders & teams as we scale our monetization & ad sales efforts. By analyzing & reporting on theSkimm's first part data, you'll ensure we meet our objectives as a growing organization.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Act a central source of analytics & data measurement for all sales & revenue related activities at theSkimm
- Partner with Sales, Client Services, Finance & Executive teams to measure & analyze the effectiveness of native advertising campaigns to develop insights & make recommendations
- Build & manage sales reporting at theSkimm including but not limited to: sales performance analysis & forecasting, inventory forecasting, yield analysis
- Intake, analyze & respond to data requests related to theSkimms native advertising campaigns, working primarily in Excel & third party data tools
- Perform ad-hoc revenue analysis as needed
- Develop a strong understanding of theSkimms value to brands in order to convey that value to existing & prospective clients, serving as a brand steward to all clients & outside contacts
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 2+ years of sales analytics or revenue reporting & analysis experience
- Expert in Excel & fluency with Powerpoint
- Highly analytical self starter with the ability to handle stressful situations & think creatively
- Strong attention to detail while still working under tight deadlines on a fast paced team
- Comfortable working with a wide range of internal stakeholders, including executives & leadership teams
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Experience at a digital media company, within a startup environment, or in banking
- Experience writing advanced SQL queries
- Comfortability learning new systems & tools related to data analysis, reporting & visualization
WHAT WE OFFER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurances, starting on your first day!
- Competitive salary & equity packages alongside annual performance reviews aimed at rewarding & recognizing our diverse talents
- A flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- 'MassMutual' 401(k) program
- Free 'One Medical' Membership
- Free 'Headspace' Membership
- Subsidized family planning & fertility benefits through 'Carrot Fertility'
- Up to $400 in annual gym-membership reimbursement
- Collaborative office space with a mix of snacks, seltzer, caffeine & a pretty sweet roof deck
- Catered meals & drinks during our weekly "Sipn Skimm" all-hands meeting & twice-monthly "Skimm'e A Drink!" happy hour
- The opportunity to be part of a friendly, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter.
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY