Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our complex care programs are designed to improve care & outcomes for our most medically complex members. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys & provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values & preferences
Under the direction of the Chief Scientific Officer, the Nurse Practitioner Manager will assume leadership accountability & responsibility for the Clinical Operations & management of their direct reports. The Nurse Practitioner Manager will work with the Clover Chief Scientific Officer, Medical Directors, nurse practitioners, medical assistant leads, medical assistants, social workers, & other clinical & operational staff to ensure that Clovers clinical programs provide high quality care & operate efficiently & effectively. This position will support the mission, vision, values & strategic initiatives of Clover & must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to members, physicians, the community & co-workers.
As a Manager, Nurse Practitioner you will:
- Support the Complex Care Medical Director & Chief Operating Officer in their daily activities.
- Participate in & lead daily interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Coach, develop & manage the overall performance of clinical staff in the program.
- Identify, coordinate, & oversee process improvement opportunities, including best practice clinical care protocols.
- Maintain clinical competencies & is able to provide direct care to Clover members.
- Oversee clinical field supervision & performance management of clinical staff.
- Ensure program reporting, data collection & required documentation is completed efficiently & effectively.
- Provide excellent care management & care coordination services when providing direct clinical care.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about helping others & being a patient, positive, & collaborative leader.
- You love clinical care with the goal of providing the best outcomes for older & frail patients.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve & support others.
- You can distill the needs of your patients & team members down to actionable improvements that can be made in Clover's product or procedures. And, you can do it while fiercely protecting the privacy & rights of our customers.
- You are nimble, & comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity & speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
You should get in touch if:
- BSN from accredited program, required.
- Master's degree in advanced clinical practice nursing or graduate of post Masters certificate program for Nurse Practitioner, required.
- Valid New Jersey nursing license, required.
- BLS & ACLS at or within 30 days of hire, required.
- Valid New Jersey driver's license in good standing, required.
- Your own reliable transportation to & from member homes, required.
- Basic proficiency in computer use, required; EMR experience, eClinicalWorks preferred.
- 2-3 years related work experience in the home, required. 3-5 years related work experience, preferred.
- 1-2 years of clinical oversight experience of other nurses & allied health providers, required. 3-5 years, preferred.
- Care management certification, preferred.
- Geriatrics certification, preferred.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally & in writing, required; bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & an ability to communicate effectively with patients & colleagues alike.
- You are comfortable walking up at least 3 flights of stairs & carrying up to 40 lbs of equipment, as some residences may not have elevators.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, & cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.