Design the products that power global trade
Flexports mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. To achieve this goal, the User Experience (UX) team creates end-to-end experiences for our clients, partners, & operations teams. We are seeking a Design Operations Manager to help increase our operational excellence. We want to continuously improve the way we communicate & work within the team, & with the rest of the organization. From onboarding to running design events, the Design Operations Manager will have a significant impact on our teams effectiveness & impact at Flexport. Youll be a leader within the design team & an advocate for Design & Research at Flexport.
- Understand Flexports product landscape
- Build & maintain the Design Ops roadmap
- Drive ways to improve team & company-wide visibility into team projects
- Create & manage a pipeline for design reviews
- Lead initiatives to attract design & research talent to Flexport
- Help continuously improve onboarding of design team members
- Create & manage roster of design & research professional development programs
- Organize team activities aimed at fostering a sense of community
- Create & manage list of outside design & research consultants
- Assist in maintaining design & research budget
- Assist in maintaining job leveling documents & associated job descriptions
- Assist in refining Flexport design processes - from cross-team collaboration to reviews
- Assist in headcount planning & team budgeting
You should have:
- Must have 3+ years of Design Operations Program Management experience on a product design team
- Demonstrated program & project management skills
- Solid understanding of product design teams & process
- Adept at building relationships with designers, product managers, & engineers
- Demonstrated experience developing OKRs, pipelines for sharing & critiquing design work, & executive design reviews
- Comfortable with ambiguity & malleable workflows
- Outstanding written & oral communication skills
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.