Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities. We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
As a Account Manager, youll work in tandem with multiple internal stakeholders to renew & grow business within our existing client base. Youre an entrepreneurial, sales-minded individual who can customize an approach when dealing with clients ranging from startups to the Fortune 500. You are talented at removing barriers to customer retention & able collaborate with the broader customer success team to deliver a high value customer experience at time of renewal. This is a demanding role that requires strong leadership, priority management & interpersonal skills.
You want to be with a collaborative team where your experiences, your effort, & your ideas will matter. Youre relaxed yet professional, eloquent yet casual, & pleasant yet persuasive. Most importantly, you want to believe in the product youre selling & take a personal interest in the growth of Stack Overflow.
What youll do:
- Own, drive, & successfully complete the renewals process for Stack Overflow customer accounts
- Collaborate with our Customer Success & Account Executive teams to engage key stakeholders & decision-makers as needed to close business
- Identify cross-sell/upsell opportunities & manage accounts to their full revenue potential through thoughtful, strategic negotiations
- Leverage the effectiveness of their onboarding, quarterly business reviews, & general user engagement via rolling, accurate 120-day forecasting
- Tailor commercial proposals for each customer based on their specific business needs
- Be a humble & level-headed advocate, always acting in the best interest of each customer
What you'll need to have:
- 3+ years experience in a SaaS account management or post-sale closing background
- Passion for building trust & communicating effectively with customers
- Large scale implementation experience with complex solutions environments
- Closing / negotiation experience & familiarity with commercial terms
- Creativity around commercial terms - someone who thinks outside of the box when it comes to structuring deal in a way that drives retention
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, & perform effectively under pressure
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty
- and adoption
- Proven track record of hitting or exceeding quota
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce & Gainsight, is a plus
What youll get in return: