As Compass' Payroll Specialist, youll report to the Controller & support the dynamic employee population spanning across all regions Compass operates. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for developing the growth & expansion strategy around in-house payroll. Youll also independently execute all activities related to processing payroll for over 2500 employees. You ensure were a great place to work, where employees trust you will go above & beyond to ensure they are paid timely & accurately. Youre a reliable, dedicated, professional & effectively prioritize to manage competing projects & tasks.
At Compass You Will:
- Enter, process & maintain records of employees (new hires & terminations) across multi-jurisdictions.
- Enter & audit all employee earnings, including hours worked, salary wages, exception time & commission & bonus payments for semi-monthly payroll.
- Audit all employee new hire, termination, garnishment & benefit adjustments.
- Ensure the accuracy & timely filing of 401(k) benefits.
- Process manual/out-of-cycle checks as required.
- Respond to management team & employee inquiries regarding payroll.
- Run audit reports & post-payroll reports, including General Ledger files.
- Ensures accurate & timely accounting, record keeping & management of payroll related data: performs audits & reconciliations of payroll information.
- Develop, recommend & implement process improvements to enhance efficiency.
- Research & resolve discrepancies independently.
- Drive compliant & timely implementation & execution of payroll control groups in new jurisdictions.
What We're Look For:
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three to five years related experience and/or training; in-depth knowledge of payroll administration processes, procedures & best practices
- Familiarity with multi-state, multi-entity payroll, Wage & Hour Laws required & ability to set-up & implement payroll platforms & processes additional states as needed.
- International payroll processing experience preferred
- Strong data entry skills & meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Fundamental Payroll Certification preferred
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now payroll platforms for general ledger is preferred
- Work independently while being a valuable member of a small team
- Willingness to embrace change & learn new skills, tools & technology
- Flexibility with assignments & ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level of customer service; interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, & professionalism
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community of different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.