WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide is seeking a Director of Product Design to help drive the exciting evolution of our two-sided wedding marketplace that helps engaged couples build their dream wedding team & wedding pros build successful businesses. We seek a design leader who can solve challenging & complex user problems, create delightful & beautiful world-class products, hire & develop a strong team of product designers, & drive our organizations design thinking & execution. The Knot Worldwide uses modern practices operating in agile, self-directed, performance-oriented squads who are driving outcomes through OKRs.
Product Design at The Knot Worldwide endeavors to solve important problems, develop excellent people, & operate as great partners with the rest of the company. If youre attracted to this culture & a visible, important, leadership role with a market leader that has its highest growth & impact ahead of it, wed love to hear from you!
We are open to this role being based out of our New York City, NY, Austin, TX, or Washington, DC office locations.
- Partner with product, design, & sales leadership on a product vision & strategy that aligns & inspires our whole design/product/engineering organization & catapults our company toward achieving aggressive business goals
- Build & evangelize design thinking into how we work across design, product, & engineering, & represent design & user experience across the companys leadership
- Collaborate with front end engineering on a global pattern library approach that balances speed & creativity
- Lead your team of full-stack product designers as they work within their squads to solve our users most important problems
- Improve how design, product, & engineering work together with your fellow leaders across the three functions
- Support & evolve a design culture within the product organization & across the established design organization
- Hiring & team development
- Continue growing & upgrading your design team
- Improve our design hiring brand, e.g. through community representation or thought leadership
- Develop your design team into masters of their craft & thought leaders in the product community
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DESIGN CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 10+ years of digital product design & leadership including end-to-end execution, with proven track record from B2B to B2C, shallow to deep, one time to repeated usage, innovation to iteration, & web to app experiences.
- 5+ years of product design experience working on two-sided marketplaces
- Demonstrated track record of creating & leading others to create beautiful industry-leading design solutions to solve important user & business problems
- Strong business sense & desire to partner deeply with Sales to understand & support our core revenue stream
- Facility with modern product development processes: agile, lean, iterative, outcome oriented, data driven (A/B testing), user research informed
- Development orientation - you are eager to grow yourself & your team members
- Strong presentation & written communication skills
- Track record collaborating with product management, engineering, & marketing leaders
MORE ABOUT US:
As the worlds largest wedding sites & apps, The Knot Worldwide serves engaged couples throughout their journey to the most important, most expensive, & most complicated thing theyve ever done - plan & pull off their weddings! We also partner closely with & serve the wedding vendor community of passionate service providers, as well as the wedding couples beloved guests. Today we are #1 in most of these areas & growing, though we are early in our potential to truly solve our users biggest product needs.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.