Clover is reinventing health insurance to keep people healthier.
Clover is launching a new initiative that focuses on researching the diseases of aging. Our goal is to help accelerate the development of disease-modifying therapies for the elderly patient population. We are drawing on knowledge from partners in both biopharma & academia to develop joint-research programs.
As a Clinical Research Specialist you will be directly responsible for engaging with Clover members in research programs. This includes initial outreach, consent, information gathering, assessments, & follow-on communications. You're expected to deliver an exceptional experience in each interaction as a representative of Clover. In this role, you will work with our internal scientific research team & leading partners from industry, world-class academic institutions, & non-profit organizations to implement our research programs.
As a Clinical Research Specialist you will:
- Serve as the primary interface between Clover & research participants (customers); champions the customer.
- Maintain a full calendar for member interactions both remotely & in person, organized in a way that allows for maximum reach (based on proximity, member availability, etc).
- Introduce programs & schedule appointments for research either telephonically and/or in-home visits.
- Have extensive dialogue with customers to understand their motivations & reservations about participating in research.
- Ensure thorough, well-informed consent process & conduct follow-up conversations with the customer's decision influencers as needed.
- Provide meaningful, evidence-based medical information & counseling to customers, including disease awareness, prevention, maintenance, & management of acute/chronic conditions.
- Monitor, record & report customer's medical history, findings, assessments, & other research-related information.
- Use technology to conduct research-related assessments, perform point of care tests as needed, & ensure the highest-quality data gathering.
- Communicate aggregated & individual-level research findings back to customers.
- Ensure & achieve high customer engagement & retention.
- Respond to customer's frequently asked questions (e.g., research objectives, schedule of events, return of information) & resolve complex issues.
- Collaborate with providers & research sites (as needed) to ensure proper coordination & full information sharing.
- Maintain ongoing adherence to Good Clinical Practices (GCP's), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), as well as federal, state, & local research guidelines.
- Understands cross-functional dependencies within their organization & has ability to apply that understanding to task completion & team process improvement.
- Communicate & represent work to team management & oversee resources across functions.
You will love this job if:
- Are committed to helping patients achieve better health - both in the short & long-term while building the best possible patient experience in all research activities.
- Are motivated by the mission of addressing large unmet needs in aging-related diseases.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment & work effectively operating in smaller team settings.
- You are nimble, & like working in a constantly evolving environment.
You should get in touch if:
- Have a background in medicine, social work, or behavioral health, preferably in a field (home) or clinic environment.
- Have prior experience working with elderly & ethnically diverse population.
- Have previous experience with observational research or clinical trials.
- Have strong social & customer experience skills & enjoy communicating thoughtfully, effectively & patiently with customers.
- Have a can-do attitude & are focused on getting things done.
- Can quickly learn all the details of new processes with the ability to adapt easily to new technology.
- Loves to work autonomously to resolve problems & raise concerns when needed effectively.
- Are able to travel up to a 50 mile radius within New Jersey.
- Can easily walk up at least 3 flights of stairs as some residents may not have elevators.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
Clover Health welcomes qualified candidates with disabilities & will provide accommodations during the interview process as needed. If you require accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your requested accommodation. Requests are reviewed by a member of the recruiting team. Requests will have no bearing on the candidate evaluation process or hiring decisions.