Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information, & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public spaces that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the role?
We are seeking a meticulous, skilled, & detail-oriented freelance photographer for a part-time role in our New York location. Reporting to our Regional Marketing Director the photographer will capture static & digital media assets across Boston on a day-to-day basis, with a heavy emphasis on peak commuter hours (7-9am & 4-6pm).
What you will accomplish:
- Shooting proof of installation photos for all Intersections outdoor advertising in a timely manner in line with client expectations
- Uploading & tagging photographs to the Intersection photo library
- Light batch editing & touch-ups
- Maintaining efficient shot list scheduling by collaborating with operations/field installation vendors
- Leading bespoke photoshoots of outdoor assets, capturing media & surrounding atmosphere in engaging ways for use in press & marketing materials
- Photographing Intersection media assets in high-traffic areas during rush hours (morning & evening)
- Special projects on an ongoing basis, including videography, time-lapse photography, & more.
You are awesome in the role because:
- You currently live in New York & have expert knowledge of the city's layout.
- You have a bachelors degree in Photography or a related field.
- You have basic photography equipment (required)
- You have a valid drivers license.
- You have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- You are a highly-organized collaborator who feels comfortable working independently
- Youve got an artistic eye for detail, with an extensive understanding of cameras, lighting, & composition
- You have a demonstrated record of consistently meeting & exceeding project goals
- Youre proficient in MAC & PC Platforms, Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, (additional multimedia programs would be an asset)
- Youve got Out-of-Home media experience (a strong plus)
- Youve got video editing experience (a strong plus)
In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must submit an up-to-date online portfolio featuring work samples related to the job requirements.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, domestic partnership status, civil union status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrrier status, military status/service, veteran status, mental or physical disability, & all other legally protected characteristics.