We are looking for an innovative, forward-thinking Senior Art Director to join the Glossier Creative team. The role will work collaboratively with the wider creative org & cross-functional teams to help concept impactful big ideas across multiple channels & platforms, & will help create compelling brand moments & storytelling assets for performance marketing initiatives across all our paid & owned channels.
The ideal candidate is proactive, highly creative & highly executional in their approach to art direction. Additionally, they are skilled in graphic design, versed in typography, & able to articulate a clear perspective on photographic direction & casting. They should have broad cultural & creative references, & be aware of industry innovations & trends. Most importantly they should be a great problem-solver & flexible to adapt to the ever-evolving timelines & deliverables.
Day to day responsibilities include overseeing & mentoring mid level & junior art direction team members, high level concept ideation, the creation of shot lists, talent briefs, asset share documents, mood boards for partnered content, retouching notes, capturing imagery, evergreen content planning, on-set execution & oversight of post production processes through delivery.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from building & refining Glossiers brand voice & messaging, retail/experiential production, to product & packaging design for each of our products.
Six Month Expectations
- Gains a better understanding of the Glossier world, how to naturally evolve it & acts as true brand guardian
- Supports development of our always on strategy, campaign creative & core brand identity in partnership with the design team
- Develops & presents thoughtful & impactful creative concepts to creative & cross functional leadership
- Works with the ECD & wider creative team to identify exciting potential creative collaborators & partners across all disciplines
- Partners with the talent team to art direct & guide external content partners to create compelling content for use on all Glossier channels
Twelve Month Expectations
- Sets an example of creative excellence across the industry
- Becomes an integral partner to cross functional teams & senior leadership
- Under direction from the ECD, leads & supports the development of mid level & junior art directors
- Creates surprising creative that pushes the brand forward
- Contributes to organizational learnings & process improvement
- Works closely with Director of Creative Ops to optimize creative org & output & facilitate implementation & constant improvement of processes
- 6+ years experience with preference of both in house & agency (not required)
- Strategic & thoughtful in their approach to creative concepts & product launches
- Proactive in reaching out to cross functional team members to problem solve & keep projects moving forward
- Experience in editorial environments
- Comfortable navigating Adobe Creative Suite, Basic understanding of Figma a plus
- Has the ability to multitask & take on multiple projects
- Not precious about their work & takes feedback well
- Team player with a positive attitude & passion for the work they do
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Photoshoot experience a plus
- Solid understanding of media / channel strategy & how to translate data into best in class creative work
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, & promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.