About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a dynamic, experienced, & self-motivated strategic communicator to manage public relations on behalf of the circular economy pioneer. As Senior Manager, PR & comms, you will be responsible for continuing to grow RTRs brand awareness & reputation among consumer, fashion, business, & technology media.
You will partner with the Senior Director of Communications on the development of cross-functional communications strategies that garner earned media coverage, generate widespread consumer awareness, amplify RTRs disruptor narrative & mitigate crises. You will manage brand-building activities including (but not limited to) media strategy development, editorial placement, relationship building with media, thought leadership activities, influencer relations, high profile events & product launches. You will also work cross functionally within the RTR Marketing organization to further inform the brands identity, overarching corporate narrative & partnership strategies.
You will have demonstrated success & expertise in disruptive & innovative consumer-focused technology, sustainable fashion, and/or lifestyle categories. This is a hands-on role where excellent organizational & time management skills are as essential as experience & network.
What Youll Do:
- Develop & collaborate on public relations strategy to grow the Rent the Runway brand awareness among consumers & media.
- Create innovative PR strategies & campaigns that touch all types of media consumer, fashion, technology & business press.
- Partner with all cross-functional departments (Fashion, Product & Technology, Brand Marketing) to develop PR plans in support of key company priorities.
- This could include: new designer launches, product launches, key occasions/holidays,
- Understand key business priorities & metrics in order to identify technology & business stories, & where to leverage RTR co-founder & CEO Jennifer Hyman
- Lead development of all RTR spokespeople, to position as experts in the e-commerce & fashion industries evaluating all media opportunities, press appearances, speaking engagements, etc.
- Develop & implement key celebrity seeding & stylist seeding programs.
- Lead press-worthy consumer facing events to re-iterate brand positioning in eyes of media, including key industry events/activations.
- Liaise with key media contacts (broadcast producers, fashion editors, online outlets, & fashion correspondents) to secure key media placements.
- You have a BA or BS with a minimum of 6+ years experience in a public relations role (either in-house or at an agency).
- You have demonstrated success & expertise in disruptive & innovative consumer-focused technology, sustainable fashion, and/or lifestyle categories.
- You have strong media relationships with a proven track record of securing feature stories across all forms of media.
- You have strong time & project management skills with the ability to handle multiple & changing priorities.
- You are an aggressive & results-oriented media pitcher.
- You have excellent communication & presentation skills.
- You pay close attention to detail.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently on projects from start to finish, while also being an excellent collaborator.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.