Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world & digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare & Swarm, as well as thriving media & enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint & Attribution (for marketers), & Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, & in sales offices around the globe, were dedicated to our trailblazing missionenriching consumer experiences & informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About this Position:
Foursquare is looking for a Director of Product for our Developer & Consumer Experiences division, which owns our suite of developer products (Pilgrim SDK & Places API), consumer products (Foursquare City Guide & Swarm & various Placed apps) & our R&D team Labs. Youll be responsible managing a team of product managers, working cross-functionally with the senior management team & developing a strong vision for your product areas.
- Develop long term strategy, vision & priorities for your team
- Partner with engineering leads to ensure team of PMs, designers & engineers are operating effectively at all levels
- Manage cross-team dynamics to ensure the entire team is successful, proactively instituting process improvements across the organization
- Plan the structure of your team, managing headcount, succession planning, external hires & internal transfers
- Motivate your team through a variety of strategies to ensure they are engaged & connected to the larger company mission
- Communicate status & challenges to upper management & across to stakeholders
- Present a compelling narrative of the division & company strategy to large groups both internal & external to Foursquare
- Own the OKR setting process for your teams, working closely with business partners to ensure all teams working towards the same goals
- Manage the performance of your team of product managers, including providing regular feedback, holding recurring 1:1s, writing performance reviews, determining compensation, making promotion decisions, evaluating team against ladder, leveling up the skill set of your PMs, helping PMs set career goals, coaching through difficult situations, providing honest critical feedback
- Create a transparent, collaborative & dynamic team culture, embracing Foursquares core values & serving as a model to the organization
- Review & provide feedback on roadmaps, strategic plans & feature specs
- Work closely with the product leadership team to set standards for the product team
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the domains in your division & provide guidance to the leadership team into customer needs, business strategy, marketplace dynamics & competitors
- Attend conferences & customer calls, gathering information from current & prospective customers as well as helping close deals
- Stay up to date on product development across the company, identifying dependencies, potential impact to your team, & opportunities for to drive larger impact
- Experience: You have 7-10+ years product management experience on mobile consumer & developer platform products. Bonus: experience in location space and/or with SDKs
- Management: You have directly managed a team of 2+ product managers
- Execution: You have led multiple product teams which are able to execute consistently, delivering quality projects of the broadest scope & impact on time
- UX: You are passionate about creating intuitive, simple user experiences. You have a strong eye for usability & quality design. You are a strong partner to & advocate for design
- Technical: You are comfortable working with engineering leadership to prioritize broadly & you understand technical complexities of your product areas
- Analytical: You have a good grasp of experiment design, statistical analysis & multivariate testing. You can use data to set OKRs, create dashboards to monitor product health, review analyses from across the company & develop basic models
- Organizational skills: You are able to manage multiple teams with stakeholders across the organization. You have experience working closely with business & marketing partners
- Diplomatic: You know how to work with all different types of personalities, & can navigate tough conversations
- Adaptive: You are curious, optimistic & a skilled problem-solver. You embrace the unknown & are able to adapt to shifts in priorities
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.