The Deal Desk Manager will lead a team tasked with driving compliance & efficiency in the execution of strategic, complex, & non-standard sales opportunities. Your team will serve as the subject-matter-experts on all Newsela bookings policies, acting as partners to all go-to-market staff. In addition to day-to-day deal support & deal desk coordination, you will lead the ongoing evaluation & enhancement of policies & processes related to deal booking in partnership with the Sales & Finance teams. This role will report to the Senior Director of Customer Operations & will also manage a growing team of Deal Desk associates.
Why youll love this role:
- Youll work to develop an intuitive & scalable deal support experience by identifying process improvement, automation, & simplification to reduce cycle time, ensure deal quality, & enhance the field experience
- You will prepare analysis that provides insights into deal metrics, renewals, & discounts
- You will also own the output of Newselas Closed-Won pending stages
- You will help to institute a deal desk process structure with defined roles & responsibilities, ownership, & operating models
- Youll also engage in strategic deal reviews with Sales to support account level strategy on pricing & deal structuring for new transactions, upgrades, renewals, partner, & services.
- You will partner with Sales & Success Operations to create & maintain standard operating procedures pertaining to contracting, quoting, & transaction best-practice & approvals
- Youll manage & support the development of an existing team of Deal Desk Associates
Why youre a great fit:
- You have 5+ years of experience leading or supporting the Deal Desk, Sales Operations, Revenue Operations or Order Management function
- You also have 2+ years managing & developing high performing teams
- You have proven experience establishing partnerships across GTM & back-office departments
- You have experience within a SaaS quote to cash process
- Strong communication skills & capability to influence stakeholders & leadership
Base compensation range: $125,000 - $160,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options & benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments & tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds & interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, weve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools & over 2.5M teachers & 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why youll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the worlds leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts & resources to stay healthy: mind, body, & soul
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs & time off to take care of your family & yourself
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, & integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, & individual development plans aligned with your personal & professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education & improves the lives of students & teachers.