About our company
M.M.LaFleur is a fast-growing professional womenswear company based in New York City. We aim to be the go-to wardrobe solution for women of purpose by taking the work out of dressing for work. Through our thoughtfully-designed products & highly personalized service model, we celebrate & champion the modern professional woman.
Who are we?
We're a varied group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. Were scrappy, straightforward, strategic, & snack-oriented. We think big, but we sweat the details. We take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. We have a validated market & die-hard fans, a quickly growing revenue stream, & a whip-smart & energetic team. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clothes. We truly believe we can do it better & faster & smarterand have more fun while were at it. We are incredibly proud of the team & culture weve built, & are intensely focused on maintaining & evolving this special thing weve got going on.
About this role:
M.M.LaFleur is seeking to add a talented Technical Designer to our team. This position will be working closely with the Director of Technical Design in the day-to-day development of all the fully fashioned styles from sketch to final sample. It is crucial that this person can communicate efficiently to overseas factories & maintain all technical packages & the lifecycle of each style. This person should have strong illustration skills, demonstrate creative sense & ability, & have working knowledge of garment construction, measurement, & specs. This person should also have a great eye for color & texture.
What will you do:
- Managing pass-offs to patternmakers after working directly with designers to establish technical details, base spec, fit requirements etc. & translating them into clear initial tech packs for both domestic & overseas pattern makers.
- Manage pattern development schedule with NY patternmakers .
- Work with local factories on developing fit & photo shoot samples.
- Fitting the resulting development samples together with the design team & the Director of Tech Design, then communicating comments & updated spec to pattern makers or overseas factories.
- Completing tech packs for fully developed styles, including filling out BOMs, final specs, grading & construction instructions.
- Conducting trim sourcing & testing with overseas factories as needed per style.
- Putting together pre-costing for all styles in development & keeping it updated as development progresses.
- Tracking style development through a seasonal WIP chart & keeping his/her style development on calendar by managing priorities across development seasons, organizing fittings as needed & having samples ready for review for key milestones within the season.
- Arrange sample materials packages (fabrics/ trims) for local & overseas factories.
- Participate in weekly Design, Trim review as well as Production meetings.
- Help to organize & assist with team try-on sessions.
What skills do you have:
- Bachelors degree in fashion design, technical design or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of technical design experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign & Microsoft Suite.
- Understanding of sewing, patterns, garment construction, spec knowledge & technical sketching.
- Strong understanding of grade principles & apply to specific product by division.
- Knowledge of factory machinery specific to production area (domestic & international).
- Knowledge of fabrics, construction & washes/ dyeing.
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy in all areas of the technical role.
- Knowledge of womens wear construction & tailoring.
- Understands M.M.LaFleurs brand & business objectives.