Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, & partners; & the financial markets upon which we rely. The security team leads the companys programs for information security & cybersecurity, business continuity, & vendor risk management.
As a senior leader within the Security team, youll lead & be responsible for key areas of the security program while collaborating across Circle teams. You will continue to learn & stay current in a fun & rapidly changing environment.
What youll work on:
- Lead the Security Operations Center team to develop, as necessary, follow-the-sun incident response capabilities
- Establish policies & develop procedures for all aspects of security operations, focusing on threat modeling, threat hunting, digital forensics & incident response, & vulnerability management.
- Recruit & develop team members to support all aspects of security operations
- Build relationships with peers across the organization to develop effective, cross-departmental investigation & response capabilities
- As a hands-on, technical leader, build relationships with systems owners to proactively develop & deploy security event detection & incident response technologies
- As a hands-on, technical leader, respond to security events by collecting artifacts, conducting investigations, containing adversaries, & recovering business capabilities
- Configure & maintain security monitoring tools such as antivirus or intrusion detection solutions
- Use tools such as AWS Athena, AWS GuardDuty, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS Lambda, & ELK to record, monitor, & alert on security events.
- Research & recommend new tools in support of business requirements
- Escalate & report on incidents in accordance with policy & operational requirements.
- Conduct forensics analysis on artifacts collected during incident response.
- Hunt for incidents & identify environment-specific indicators of compromise
- Model threats specific to the cryptocurrency industry & build detection capabilities specific to Circles business
- Take on-call shifts to respond to critical alerts after-hours
- Support other security team projects such as threat modeling, vulnerability scanning, & audits.
- Support the development & enhancement of controls based on incident response & threat hunting.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the digital forensics & incident response program
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management
- Proven team building & team leadership experience
- Deep knowledge of SIEM solutions, threat hunting, incident response, & incident management
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams during high-stress situations
- Self-motivated & creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order of priorities on the fly
- Experience working with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework highly desirable
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology desired
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted
- Certifications such as CISSP, GCFA, GNFA, GCIA, GCIH or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required
- 10+ years of overall technology experience with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- 5+ years of experience managing others
- Experience working in an AWS environment required
- Ability to use Python to automate repetitive tasks
If you find it rewarding to see your work scale through automation, are interested in building something meaningful, & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.