At Mozilla, Release Engineering is the force-multiplier that develops tools to consistently build, test & ship products. We can reliably ship a security fix to > 200M users across different platforms & > 100 locales in under 24 hours. If you find this kind of challenge exciting, were looking for a Senior Software Engineer who enjoys building scalable microservices that require a minimum of maintenance. If you love automation, building pipelines, & shipping things, you would be an asset to Mozilla RelEng.
As a part of this team, the software delivery pipeline becomes your product. You will quickly establish ownership of various components, services & integration points.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ongoing automation of manual tasks & optimization of existing automation
- Designing & adapting systems to meet new scaling & functional demands
- Integration with existing CI infrastructure & tooling
- Making technical decisions about the code & architecture of our release infrastructure
- Responding to critical service outages (during normal working hours)
Your Professional Profile
- Proficient in English as demonstrated by working with English as the primary work language, lived in an English as primary language country, etc.
- You are a zoom expert, used to working collaboratively & virtually, across time zones, communication styles, work profiles, & other diverse dimensions
- Experience using & writing REST APIs
- Proficient Python development skills
- Youve familiar with building CI/CD reliable & secure pipelines to transform source code into shipped products or are keen to learn what that entails
- Youve worked with cloud providers - e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure - or are passionate about learning how to do so at scale
- Familiarity with any of the distributed version control systems such as git or mercurial
Our team requires skills in a variety of domains so you should be passionate about learning new things. We understand that technologies are tools, & that underlying concepts are larger than any single tool. In Release Engineering, we use a mix of python, node.js, react, hg, git & others, but this list is fluid & will change over time. You will be required to learn new tools as required, probably even on your first day.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, & belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices & forms of knowledge are crucial to & enrich the companys core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized & Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, & expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle & texture), religion (including religious grooming & dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.