About the Role:
The Precision Oncology Specialist is a seasoned healthcare professional responsible for driving the growth of Guardant Health's business in Spain & Portugal. Successful candidates will bring to their role a profound knowledge of Precision Medicine in Oncology & particularly how biomarkers & therapies are developed & used together in clinical practice. The selected individual will support the International team through building & executing a national strategy. The role will entail identifying & working with customers & key accounts to build their experience & support for the wider introduction of our liquid biopsy services. It will also entail working with access stakeholders to ensure payment for & coverage of services provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drive business expansion & collaboration opportunities with the following:
o Major Spain & Portugal cancer centers & clinics
o Treating physicians, pathologists & other involved health system stakeholders
o Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) & Academic Medical Centers (AMCs)
o Academic / professional consortia
o Oncologists treating patients managed in the private sector
o Patient groups & charities
o Funding & market access bodies
· Foster mutually productive relationships with thought leaders & decision makers across different types of healthcare organizations, governmental agencies & payers to build advocacy & enhance understanding of the benefits of tumour profiling with liquid biopsy assays
· Develop & implement comprehensive business plans for the territory
· Identify & work with target healthcare professionals to build support & grow clinical use
· Develop & execute utilization programs for physicians to build clinical experience
· Work with international colleagues to identify & grow Biopharma opportunities
· Implement laboratory services agreements (LSA's) with target institutions & work with International colleagues to ensure exemplary customer services are in place & operational.
· Collaborate & co-ordinate with international colleagues to ensure successful attainment of country goals & objectives.
· Continually analyze the competitive landscape & provide customer feedback to GHI leadership.
· Track & report performance vs objectives & adapt plans to ensure objectives are met.
· Embrace, embody & represent the Guardant Health company culture at all times to external & internal constituents.
· Candidate must have min. 3-5 years experience working with major cancer centers & clinics in Spain.
· Proven track record of pharmaceutical, diagnostic & / or laboratory developed test commercialization
· Broad experience across sales, key account management, medical science liason, market access roles preferred
· Experience with oncology therapies & companion diagnostics, including a deep understanding of precision oncology, clinical medicine & genomics in cancer.
Skills & knowledge:
· Proven ability to engage in a consultative selling process within local health economies, particularly oncology hospital
· Ability to work independently & proactively, communicate effectively, manage multiple projects & prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
· Outstanding strategic sales, negotiation & key account planning skills.
· Superior listening & problem solving skills.
· Impeccable oral, verbal & written communication & presentation skills in English.
· High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suit & salesforce.com
· Ability to work cross-functionally to achieve goals & objectives.
· Ability to work effectively with minimal direction from, or interface with, manager.
· Strong problem solving, decision making, technical learning & administrative skills.
· Proven ability to manage business in a complex / ambigious environment.
· Keen understanding of the payor & reimbursement environment in the oncology & diagnostic space in Spain.
· Strong understanding of molecular diagnostics for oncology & the evolving clinical & competitive landscape.
· Excellent clinical knowledge of oncology, hematology, chemotherapeutics & targeted agents.
· B.S. in life science, biology, medicine or pharma.
- Frequent travel ( > 50%) throughout the territory as needed.
- Attendance to national & international congresses & meetings as needed
- Infrequent attendance at US internal & external meetings
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.