Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
Our clinical programs are designed to improve care & outcomes for our most medically complex members. Clover wants to take accountability for these members' healthcare journeys & provide high-quality personalized care that is consistent with members' values & preferences. Our clinical programs include the Clover In-Home Primary Care Program, Clover Care Visit Program, Readmission Prevention Program, Behavioral Health Program, & Telephonic Care Coordination & Management Program.
We are looking to hire a Senior Medical Director who will be responsible for defining strategy with regard to our Clover Care Visit & Readmission Prevention Programs, managing a high performance team, & overseeing the clinical quality of external partners with whom we contract to perform comprehensive health assessments. Under the direction of the Chief Scientific Officer, you will assume primary accountability & responsibility for the Clinical Quality, Clinical Compliance, & Clinical Operations of the Clover Care Visit & Readmission Prevention Programs across geographic markets, inclusive of priority clinical areas such as medication adherence improvement. You will work with the Chief Scientific Officer, Medical Directors, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, social workers, & other clinical & operational staff as needed to ensure that Clovers clinical programs provide high quality care & operate efficiently & effectively. This position will support the mission, vision, values & strategic initiatives of Clover & must demonstrate a commitment to quality service to members, community health care providers, & co-workers.
As a Senior Medical Director you will:
- Define strategy for our Clover Care Visit & Readmission Prevention Programs across US markets, inclusive of internally employed & externally contracted teams.
- Define standards for high quality visits designed to improve member health outcomes, including with regard to HEDIS & CMS Stars quality measures as well as utilization outcomes such as hospital readmission rates.
- Ensure Clover Care Visits & Readmission Prevention Program visits conducted by internal teams & external vendors adhere to high standards of documentation compliance.
- Collaborate with clinical leadership & technology teams to design & implement technology solutions, including our proprietary Clover Assistant Platform, to enhance the clinical effectiveness & value creation of internal & external teams performing comprehensive health assessments across US markets.
- Support & performance manage your clinical teams including nurse practitioners, medical assistants, & registered nurses, where applicable.
- Participate in & lead group meetings & educational sessions designed to advance program performance.
- Coach, develop & manage the overall performance of the nurse practitioner managers in the program.
- Serve as collaborating physician for nurse practitioner program staff.
You will love this job if:
- You are passionate about advancing clinical outcomes through technology & home-based care.
- You love program building across geographies.
- You are humble & understand that as a manager of people, you are there to serve & support others
- You are nimble, & comfortable working in a constantly evolving environment. You embrace ambiguity & speed while maintaining a bias towards action.
- You are outcomes-oriented & driven to achieve results.
You should get in touch if:
- You are an MD from an accredited program & have or are willing to get valid medical doctor licenses in the states we operate.
- You are board-certified in internal medicine or family medicine.
- You have 5+ years clinical work experience providing direct patient care following the completion of your medical training & are experienced in doing house calls or other facets of home-based care.
- You are familiar with principles of clinical compliance & have led clinical teams & improved & scaled clinical programs, ideally as a medical director.
- You have a strong execution mindset with ability to hold others accountable to high performance standards
- You are technology savvy & have experience communicating cross-functionally with patients & colleagues.
- You are comfortable working with patients of diverse social, ethnic, & cultural backgrounds.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.