Ritual currently operates in over 40 markets, in 4 languages across 4 continents, & has continued to grow at a rapid rate. As we scale globally, ensuring our operations run smoothly, with unparalleled quality becomes exponentially harder. Were looking for a seasoned leader who can not only manage the current scale & complexity of our business, but also lead our operations & support teams to new heights through strategic thinking & creative problem solving.
This role will be responsible for managing execution, budget, & continual improvement across multiple central functions, with a focus on support, customer experience, & process. You will have direct responsibility for customer support, restaurant support, restaurant onboarding & training, real time order management, supply chain & logistics, & business process outsourcing - & global scope with 3 regional teams in North America, Europe, & Asia Pacific regions.
What youll do
- Lead & manage our 60+ person central operations teams, with offices in Toronto, Europe, & Asia - across multiple functions.
- Build a strong understanding of our business & operations functions quickly. Youre willing to roll up your sleeves & are not afraid of being in the details. Jump in to help when needed, with a willingness to learn the detailed ins-and-outs of our operations
- Work & lead cross-functionally. You have the ability to influence different teams & align key stakeholders to make consistent, meaningful impact, as well as ensure key projects are always delivered.
- Develop programs & processes that help scale our front-line teams
- Constantly zoom in & out. Youre able to see, set & deliver on a long term strategy, while seeing how the decisions we make impact team members who are closest to our customers & merchants.
- Manage the P&L of the operations team & optimize resourcing across teams to make sure all ops functions are well staffed, supported, efficient, & cost-effective
Who you are
- An inspirational, authentic leader who can earn the respect of a great team by diving in & learning our business from the bottom up. Youre easily fired up, & your energy is infectious
- 10-15 years experience in a technical or operational role, with at least 3+ years of experience in a senior management or executive role
- A track record of designing & building a business operations or support function to support top line & efficiency goals
- Comfortable with ambiguity with ability to execute quickly & iterate
- Consulting, professional service, or analytical experience an asset
- Extremely high emotional intelligence & empathy
- Metric driven, & data savvy. Not afraid of rolling up your sleeves to dig into the data
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Extremely proactive, responsive, & upbeat with strong organizational skills
- Familiar with SQL or other data visualization tools
- Experience working in a marketplace startup a big plus