ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking to hire an AP/AR Associate to help scale the Accounting function & support the needs of a growing company. Reporting to the Sr. Accountant, youll work closely with theSkimms Finance team & various departments across the company. You will own our Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, & T&E processes, which are key elements of the Accounting function.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Manage A/R processes including owning monthly invoicing & collections
- Work closely with the Sales team to ensure accuracy of invoices & CRM system
- Maintain strong customer relationships to ensure we are paid in a timely manner
- Manage all A/P entry by entering bills into our processing system & ensuring accurate coding
- Handle all vendor correspondence & document updates
- Manage T&E process & help us identify best practices & improvements
- Review & code all bank transactions to ensure accuracy
- Support expense management & classification process by helping to code monthly corporate credit card statements
- Assist with month end close processes including bank & credit card reconciliations
- Review legal contracts & insertion orders
- Assist in preparing annual & quarterly tax forms
- Additional ad hoc reporting & assignments as necessary
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or previous experience in an AP/AR function
- Proficiency in Excel & strong communication skills required
- Experience with Quickbooks / Netsuite, Bill.com, Tallie is a plus, but not required
- Experience reviewing legal contracts & insertion orders preferred
- Highly organized & detail-oriented with a track record of thriving in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.