Squarespace is driven by great design in everything we do, & we believe that all ideas deserve to be presented beautifully. With that in mind, we are seeking a Photo Retoucher for our in-house Studio team. You will be responsible for retouching incoming photography assets (internally produced & licensed) & facilitating the delivery of final files to our digital asset management system. This is a hands-on role that will require constant interaction with the Studio team & the larger Creative team. You are an experienced retoucher with a great eye & elevated taste, strong interest in digital photography & design. You are receptive to feedback & great at taking initiative to provide solutions to retouching challenges, sometimes in real-time.
You will report to the Staff Photographer in our New York office.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Provide detailed retouching, color correction, & delivery of image files within timelines communicated by Photographers, Content team, & Producers
- Retouch all photography assets including, but not limited to, digital, social & OOH campaigns
- Collaborate with photographer & creative teams on markups
- Maintain digital asset organization - file naming conventions, metadata, & tags
- Oversee delivery of final assets to the digital asset management system (DAM)
- Assist the in-house photographer on shoots as the digital tech as needed
- 3+ years experience working in a high volume retouching house, photo studio or in house production company
- A robust retouching portfolio that demonstrates consistency & proficiency in retouching, compositing, & color correcting
- Deadline-driven with strong organizational & communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure with tight deadlines on a wide range of projects at once
- Experience on a range of retouching including: advertising, editorial & still life retouching
- Working knowledge of all photographic formats & processing skills, including RAW image files, Photoshop, Bridge, & Capture One
- Experience working with a digital asset management system (DAM) and/or maintaining a server file structure
- Willing to help out other studio members when necessary i.e. on shoot sets, helping with equipment inventory, be a team player
- Knowledge of Final Cut & After Effects is a plus
A portfolio of relevant work is required for consideration.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.