Chobani’s Data Scientist will perform advanced statistical analysis to develop actionable insights for strategic decision making. Working closely with Chobani’s Innovation, Marketing Communication, Category Development, Sales, & Creative teams, this position provides an internal consultative perspective on analytical tools, measurement, & testing. Data analysis will be conducted in the following key areas of focus: new product development (market sizing, optimal pricing, packaging testing), sales forecasting, marketing mix, competitive assessments, & ad testing. As a key member of the insights team, the Data Scientist will translate data into analytical insights that unlock key opportunities across the company’s current & future product offerings & sales operations.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Utilize statistical skills in analyzing advanced & comprehensive strategic issues
- Translate business questions into research objectives, design & conduct analyses, develop findings & synthesize recommendations to deliver valuable, relevant, & actionable insights
- Provide team members with testing, optimization & statistics support regarding design of experiments, recommendations & expertise to develop testing parameters
- Formulate new & evolve existing methodologies to provide more accurate statistical outputs to help enhance & improve recommendations to the business
- Lead the survey questionnaire design, facilitate data collection, clean quantitative & qualitative data, interpret & evaluate statistical outputs, create recommendations based on findings, prepare results summaries & present findings internally
- Identify relevant trends & insights within datasets & promote unbiased evidence-based, data-driven decision-making
- Research & analyze third party data sources to develop & forecast
The requirements of this position include:
- BA in Statistics, Economics or Econometrics
- Master's in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Analytics, Quantitative Methods or related field or equivalent experience a plus
- Experience in statistical modeling or forecasting
- Professional data science experience in the marketing / market research / consumer analytics space preferred
- Hands-on experience with statistical analysis programs such as R, Python, SPSS, or STATA
- Must be able to multitask & prioritize multiple projects
- Familiarity in an office environment & working/communicating with others at all levels (e.g., C-level executives, upper management, fellow associates, etc.)
- Comfortable with assessing & solving complex problems through data analysis
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in order to understand business issues
- Ability to communicate complex statistical analysis in a straightforward manner, orally & in writing, to all levels of management & non-quantitative audiences
- Understanding of data profiling, data comparison & data validation techniques
- Strong command of primary, secondary & quantitative methodologies & procedures
- Exhibit solid organizational skills & be detail oriented
- Familiarity with significance testing, regressions (OLS, logit/probit etc.), correlational analyses, multivariate analyses (i.e. MANOVA, factor analysis), & forecasting/time series (ARIMA, ARCH, GACH), MaxDiff & Conjoint analysis
Since our founding 10 years ago, we’ve always been a different kind of company. After moving to New York from his native Turkey, our CEO Hamdi Ulukaya found that in America, yogurt just wasn’t as delicious or widely available as it was back home. He thought everyone deserved better options, so he set about making delicious, nutritious, natural, & accessible Greek Yogurt right here in the U.S.
Our mission since day one has been to provide better food to more people. And now as the No. 1-selling Greek Yogurt brand in America & the second largest overall yogurt manufacturer, we believe every food maker has a responsibility to provide people with better options, which is why we’re so proud of the way our food is made.
Our food philosophy of crafting quality products with simple ingredients is what makes Chobani a different kind of yogurt. Our belief that business done right has the ability to change lives & strengthen communities is what makes Chobani a different kind of company. From the way we source our ingredients to how we treat our employees, Chobani strives to make universal wellness happen sooner with everything we do. Certified as a Great Place to Work® for the last two years, our culture is built on shared passion, dedication, & a commitment to doing what is right. Together, the Chobani family has created something unlike what any company has done before. The possibilities are endless.
Chobani is an equal opportunity employer. Chobani will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, military and/or veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.