There are more than 7,000 known human diseases, but we have treatments for fewer than 500 of them. Despite sweeping technological changes transforming the world, it still takes more than 10 years & hundreds of millions of dollars to bring a new drug to market. At TrialSpark, we dont believe it has to be this way.
The bottleneck of getting new treatments to patients is the time it takes to run a clinical trial -- not the ability to discover new drugs (which is actually becoming more efficient). We started TrialSpark to decrease the time & cost of a clinical trial, so that every year we can test more life-impacting treatments for real human diseases, ultimately bringing them to patients faster. We do this by partnering with physicians to enable them to run clinical trials within their existing practices. By providing the technology platform, equipment, & staffing, TrialSpark alleviates the operational burden of clinical research, enabling physicians to focus on what they do best --patient care. And by bringing clinical research to more physician practices, TrialSpark is enabling access for the 98% of patients who currently cant take advantage of the benefits of participating clinical trials. We want to bridge the gap between medical research & patients who need treatment.
About the Role
Marketing is critical to TrialSparks success. We sit in a unique position across a network of patients, doctors, caregivers, & pharmaceutical companies, & we have the opportunity to shape how the entirety of clinical research is perceived, understood, & experienced.
As the Growth Marketing Manager, Paid Search you will be responsible for acquiring new patient leads from search channels. You will have ownership of the paid search program & focus on improving its scale, efficiency, & accountability. Key aspects of the role include developing our paid search strategy, building new campaigns, managing copy production, owning the testing roadmap, & running channel reporting. The ideal candidate is excited to build a paid search program from scratch & has a strong point of view on how search can fit into TrialSparks patient acquisition strategy.
- Create & implement a cohesive cross-campaign paid search strategy that allows us to hit our patient lead targets
- Work to continuously optimize the efficiency & scale of our patient acquisition campaigns across search channels & campaigns
- Manage budgets, targets, forecasts, & performance across existing & new campaigns
- Build a pipeline of experiments that you will launch & measure
- Assess opportunities for keyword, negative, targeting, & channel expansion
- Partner with other members of the Marketing team to implement full-funnel acquisition & retention strategies tailored to specific patient populations
- Build out paid search reporting & tracking to monitor performance & identify areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with our Product team to develop & refine the online patient experience & landing pages
- 3-5 years of paid search marketing experience with progressive gains in responsibility
- Hands-on experience managing direct response campaigns on Google AdWords
- Ability to create a paid search strategy from the ground up with minimal hand-holding
- Track record of achieving performance goals by leveraging expertise in paid search tactics
- Familiarity with tech & tools in the paid search ecosystem, including brand monitoring, bid management tools, & analytics platforms
- Experience managing performance marketing testing roadmaps
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication & relationship building skills
Nice to Have:
- Prior social experience in an industry with a complex user lifecycle (e.g. healthcare, fintech)
- Organic search (SEO) experience
- Familiarity with biddable media beyond paid search, such as social or programmatic display
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.