Namely is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our small but mighty Security team. At Namely, we are self-starters & problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart & self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow, & collaborate with each other. Each person is the owner of their work & directly impacts the success of our products & company.
As a Senior Security Engineer at Namely, you will be responsible for supporting the ongoing security operations of a platform that 1,400+ companies use to manage their employees & payroll. You will be a technical leader & contribute to the overall security strategy across the organization. The ideal candidate is a collaborative & diligent problem-solver with in-depth experience in IT & cloud security & has a strong track record of delivering high-quality results. Youll have the chance to work in an open & collaborative environment, shape Namelys engineering culture, & have ample opportunities to grow & accelerate your career.
- Stop cyber threats from compromising our data.
- Design, deploy, & operate security tools.
- Continuously monitor the environment for anomalies & indicators of compromise.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
- Triage security bugs & vulnerabilities.
- Identify & remediate risks in partnership with other teams & departments.
- Create clear & concise documentation.
- Be a subject matter expert for customer support, go-to-market, & compliance teams.
- Ability to deliver results in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.
- Solid problem solving & analytical skills.
- Good team player with strong technical communication skills.
- Desire to keep up with emerging threats & effective countermeasures.
- Deep experience with monitoring tools & interpreting their output.
- Seasoned incident handler able to analyze attacks & lead response efforts.
- Practical experience designing & implementing cloud security solutions, ideally in AWS.
- Operational knowledge of Kubernetes & securing microservice architectures.
- Strong understanding of agile software development.
- Coding ability in at least programming or scripting language, preferably Python, Go, or Bash.
- 6+ years of experience in a technical security role
- Technical security certifications such as CISSP, CEH, or GIAC.
- Previous experience at a startup or tech company.
- Working knowledge of NIST (CSF, 800-53), CSA, & AICPA SOC 2.
- Hands-on experience with Splunk Cloud.
- Comfortable with infrastructure as code tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, & Terraform.