The Corporate Account Executive (AE) role is intended to maximize sales in the unassigned / territory account segment. The primary focus is aimed at closing greenfield opportunities with larger, strategic under-penetrated F2000 accounts while maintaining sustained transactional sales growth. In this role, you will be selling in a territory in an inside environment.
The Corporate AE is tasked to improve sales in the territory by leveraging the partner sales community. Collaborating with the partner ecosystem to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell & close transactions is critical. The focus is aimed at sales opportunities versus accounts & is achieved by collaborating with partners to identify, develop, accelerate, up-sell & close transactions.
- Building pipeline through prospecting & top-of-funnel activities
- Directly selling through an inside, direct marketing environment to deliver sales targets & consistently achieve quota
- Drive account strategies & coordinate team selling efforts with partners to close business on a quarterly & annual basis
- Effectively develop channel relationships, communicate & coach ideas & concepts to external partner representatives on how to position & close Appian opportunities
- Accountable for a quarterly bookings target for Appian products (SaaS) along with packaged services & education offerings
- Support & provide guidance to both field & partner marketing events
- Accurately forecast license bookings, specific products revenue, CS bookings & new accounts on a weekly, monthly & quarterly basis via Salesforce.com
- Accomplishing the workload required for a high-volume sales role
- Building a business case & establishing value: develop & present proposals to customers with information that demonstrates the ability of the Appian portfolio to meet the customers business objectives & justify the sale
Required Skills (To be successful)
- 2-5 years of proven selling experience in a dynamic, highly competitive, ever-changing sales environment
- Prospecting: a proven track record of penetrating accounts, reaching decision-makers, & closing business
- Demonstrated experience exceeding/achieving KPIs & targeted business goals
- A desire to work the bookends of the sale prospecting & closing with a demonstrated achievement in sales closing
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative & work independently in a fast-paced team environment ie. positive & competitive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Passionate about hunting & closing new opportunities
- Demonstrated time management & communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Navigator, 6-Sense, G Suite & similar technologies
- Comfortable supporting Partners negotiating deals with deeply complex terms, conditions, price pressures & considerations
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.