Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Network Security Lead, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Cybersecurity is an integral part of Visa's operational culture. It is essential to maintaining our position as an industry leader in electronic payments, & it is the responsibility of each & every employee to safeguard information, protect it from unauthorised access, & ensure regulatory compliance. Information Security has a significant effect on privacy, consumer confidence, external reputation, & it is a priority on everyone's agenda.
The successful candidate will join the Cybersecurity Engineering division & will be responsible for technical team leadership, implementation of the Security Engineering Operations program in a distributed global team. This person will lead a team of high performers, which have responsibility for the building, & maintaining of Visa's Network Security technologies & environments.
This role must instill a culture that works toward the highest standards in security operations while ensuring that business objectives are understood & adhered. Managing & reporting operations security risks in new & existing infrastructure designs are properly understood & supported.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide technical leadership in engineering support for security technologies across all network infrastructures. Have strong ITIL & process development skills. Focus to track systems health, develop a cognizant mean time between failure (MTBF) metric programs.
- Participate in major problem review meetings, processes improvement meetings as well actively contribute to the high-risk change review & analysis coordination reviews.
- Deliver operations support, assist in proof of concept phase to deployment & manage operational acceptance criteria for sustained engineering support for multiple security tools, including firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls & DDoS mitigation systems.
- Develop & optimize processes to improve security rules posture, to include orchestration, rules optimization, identification & labeling of rules ownership, expiry & participate in certification to attest security posture.
- Implement automated security metrics scorecard that enables executive leaders, line managers, & operational staff to spot & take action on security related incidents & reduce surface risks prior to implementation.
- Create, maintain & own tracking details of infrastructure surrounding the underlying network security systems to ensure the security tool deployments are operating effectively & with proven efficacy.
- Work closely within network operations team, coordinate with security engineering, & design teams within Visa.
- Collaborate with internal audit, controls teams as well external party security audit requests & agencies.
- Manage effectively reported system, application & device vulnerabilities & through remediation & maintenance in adherence with incident response policies.
What we're after
- Extensive experience with a Bachelor's Degree or mid-level experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or experience with a PhD
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- Mid-level to extensive experience in the network/security engineering and/or security areas with experiencein participating in developing operational models, executing in a demanding & support organisation.
- Technical leader with mid-level experience in providing deep technical knowledge running enterprise firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, network admission controls (NAC) & cloud as well on premise distributed denial of service (DDoS) mitigation systems
- Extensive knowledge of Information Technology, particularly those areas related to firewalls, proxies, web application firewalls, Network admission controls & on premise distributed denial of service DDoS mitigation systems, configuration & tuning.
- A record of accomplishment of managing the delivery of complex, multi-faceted technology initiatives.
- A proven ability to establish & sustain effective, professional relationships with business partners to understand business drivers & market requirements. As well, provide leadership to the technology group in order to create the right solutions for the market in the required periods.
- Experience deploying & maintaining critical, high-availability network systems & associated security issues.
- High degree of technical complexity threaded throughout your experience & conversant thereabout; familiarity with complex global cybersecurity infrastructure designs preferred.
- Experience with a wide array of security platforms, protocols, tools, & technologies.
- Referential knowledge of/experience with international compliance requirements/standards (PCI, CSC, GLBA, SOX) & other security regulation requirements.
- Effectively manage cross-functional internal & external team collaboration, & communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, & leadership skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Must be skilled at mentoring & motivating staff, communicating goals & other corporate initiatives & driving to results.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.