Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
The ideal candidate must have experience with developing insight-led marketing programs for a developer audience across paid, owned & earned channels, including, but not exclusive to, digital & social campaigns, large-scale events, partnerships, marketing collateral, case studies, webinars & engaging video content. A background in software development, game publishing, or developer evangelism is preferred. Were looking for a candidate who brings an entrepreneurial spirit, an eagerness to learn & lead, & must be comfortable with ambiguity as the Skillz API evolves, grows, & leads the industry in providing developers with a new way to share their art with the world.
What You Will Do:
- Defines value proposition of marketing plans & fully manage complex & high visibility marketing initiatives (tests, launches, campaigns, content), independently
- GTM Planning & coordination to ensure alignment & successful launch of developer products, tools, features & services
- Subject matter expert in software development & can confidently present to a varied cross functioning groups & team leads
- Ability to build the foundation of highly complex insights-based audience strategies that guide marketing efforts without much oversight
- Represent developers with Product Management & Engineering, & provide direction on branding, product positioning & go-to-market planning
- Demonstrates mastery of creating effective culturally relevant work for a developer & or technical audience
- Maintain a clear understanding of product features at Skillz & how they impact developers & the businesses they build for. Partner with product marketing to define relevant messaging, & produce the technical tools & educational materials necessary to create an amazing developer experience as the feature set evolves
- Maintain & update the central source of truth for developer documentation & collateral, including narratives & playbooks to help them learn & implement best practices. Integrate Skillzs business API into internal events & webinars to educate & inspire developers
- Own KPI definition for developers, including tracking initiative ROI & providing analyses to leadership & stakeholders
- 7+ years professional experience in either of the following areas, product marketing, product management, brand marketing, technical program management, developer relations, partner engineering
- Experience in defining & implementing cross-channel marketing strategy
- Experience working with developer software (e.g., APIs, SDKs) & writing technical documentation
- Focus on retention of developer success
- Experience thriving in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Experience managing other managers for future build out of a team
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.