We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Director - Product Strategy & Merchandising: Luggage, Apparel, Retail Strategy to join our team.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & mandatory bias training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
You will report to the VP of Merchandise & be based in our New York City office.
What you'll do:
- 8-10 Years of professional experience
- Short term (1-3 yrs) product strategy & category roadmap, identifying whitespace opportunities for category growth
- Partner with FP&A on 1-3 year category forecasting & margin targets
- Determine Quarterly Sku count opportunity by category in partnership with Planning. Communicate goals with Design team & partner to achieve sku count & margin targets
- Full assortment ownership in Luggage & Apparel & initial quantification in Line List tool
- Own product launch calendar
- Project management GTM process, liaising across design, PD, Brand, International, Planning, Production, Logistics, CX, & Visual Merch. Advise on all product related decisions (e.g. product naming, PDP shot list, PDP copy, product propping, etc.) & communicating strategy, positioning, price architecture & any/all product education
- Lead quarterly assortment presentations to executive team, driving alignment & PO approval
- Participate in post launch recaps, analyze results & recommend optimizations
- Participate in quarterly & annual hindsight recaps make recommendations for future grow/maintain/decline based on findings
- Cross Functional Collaborations:
- Insights team: future research areas for surveys presenting findings to team
- Supply Chain: shipping method, personalization, packaging
- Merch Planning: Merch tool
- International Team: Pricing, Assortment strategy
- Web & Brand: communicate key items & colors within launches to better influence marketing decisions & PLP opportunities
- Sample reviews - advise on trade offs between customer expectations, financial targets (i.e. margin goals), & technical feasibility
- Lead weekly cross functional category team meetings, provide weekly updates to SVP level teammates via S&OP
- Market competitive analysis
- 3rd Party & Retail Strategy focusing on new product opportunities, localization & branded retail only special projects (customization, apparel, etc), in line with inventory & margin goals. Grow cross channel 3rd party assortment of product to better inform new category opportunities.
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We believe that getting away changes your understanding of the world around you. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And after three years with Away, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take an additional well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. As a global company, our benefits & perks vary by region, but they align with our commitment to support our employees wellbeing both inside & outside of work. We offer insurance coverage, financial contributions for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee to keep you fueled throughout the day.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs & grow your career along the way.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, company-wide trainings, & events, were building an inclusive environment where people can bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent & impact our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more Dogs in the office, complimentary coffee with coworkers, weekly team lunches, quarterly team outings, & organized volunteer opportunities to give back to our local communities!
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.