About the Team
The Product Imaging Post-Production team (PIPP team) sits within Creative Operations & is responsible for all post-production processes within the Product Imaging Team. We are responsible for the coordination, quality control, & data verification of all Stitch Fix Product Imaging media assets from the RAW file processing stage on the production floor to their final storage destination(s). We continually strive to enable & empower our team members to use their creative, technical & operational talents to the fullest.
About the Role
The Digital Photography File Coordinator is a freelance role & can be located remotely. In this role you will work closely with our on-set team & PIPP team lead to coordinate transfers of all product imaging assets including files from our in-house global studio network, external contract studios & multiple vendor partners. The ideal candidate has experience looking after large quantities of photo & video files in the media production or ecommerce space. They must be highly organized with a passion for seeking & maintaining efficiency & accuracy in photo & video workflows. The assets this candidate will work with are foundational to everything the Product Imaging team does & often in high demand by various internal stakeholders on quick turnarounds. Theyll be immersed in the full lifecycle of an asset & will be expected to contribute to strategies to improve asset flow between phases in that lifecycle. This role will report to the Product Imaging team, but receive technical & operational support from the Systems & Tools team responsible for administering our DAM & other asset management platforms.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Coordinate transfers of all product imaging assets including files from our in-house global studio network, external contract studios & multiple vendor partners.
- Satisfy your curiosity about existing & new photo studio workflow issues by researching & resolving them.
- Monitor the movement of digital assets through our post-production processes across production servers (on-prem, Box, & S3), to & from vendors, & to backup devices.
- Prepare & optimize digital assets in various file formats with appropriate post-production software.
- Read, understand, & contribute to documentation for software & hardware.
- Access logs to track down problems with files or automations.
- Have the opportunity to communicate technical processes & results with our brilliant cross-functional partners.
- Use the command line & scripts to read & adjust file permissions, ownership, & metadata.
- Seamlessly transition between collections or lists of files, spreadsheets, & databases as needed to access, interpret & share contextual data.
- Exercise your orientation to detail:
- Anticipate & catch individual errors in large batches of files.
- Adjust assets as needed to match tagging standards.
- Prioritize asset operations to minimize time to market.
- Facilitate production flows by removing technical barriers to creative production.
- Leverage your AppleScript expertise to automate rote tasks.
Were excited about you because you have...
- Experience managing production files on a creative team, at an advertising agency, or within a photo studio.
- A deep understanding of complex creative production workflows with multiple outputs & dependencies.
- 1-2 Years experience in Creative Operations/Production Environments.
- Experience with organizing & managing large numbers of files, batch file transfers (FTP, S3, servers, etc.), file naming conventions & database reporting on a daily basis.
- Basic understanding of creative production processes & terminology.
- Effective communication skills across all levels of technical expertise.
- A fast, reliable internet connection to facilitate work from home.
- An interest in & proven ability to troubleshoot technical issues on set, including with cameras, lights, & computer systems.
- Strongest candidates will have specific experience with several of the following:
- Photo/video production
- Studio production applications
- Video & file storage architecture
- Capture One Pro
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
- Remote desktop software
Why Youll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind & motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface of opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.