Away is seeking a Senior Manager, People Experience & Culture to join our People Operations team to amplify our culture & celebrate the people that power our company. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in & passion for executing internal events & initiatives, working cross-functionally, & defining an employee experience that uniquely expresses the company & deepens engagement. You will work closely with the People Operations team, employee resource groups, internal communications team, & youll touch every Away employee through your work. As a member of the People Operations team, you must be a close listener & problem-solver with a strong customer-service orientation. You will report to the Director of People Operations & this position will be based in Soho, New York.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Define people experience best practices to help us better reach & engage our employees around the world.
- Plan & execute all employee events - from holiday & anniversary parties & company-wide offsites to happy hours & panels - that inspire our team, create excitement, celebrate wins, drive engagement & reflect our mission & values.
- Manage & be held accountable for vendors, contracts, production schedules, & budgets for events & offsites.
- Manage all aspects of events including logistics, planning, scheduling, & program development.
- Partner across stakeholders for major employee engagement moments including project launches, tentpole events, engagement surveys, holiday parties, etc.
- Partner with our employee resource groups to help bring awareness & participation to key initiatives, events & celebrations.
- Stay on top of business priorities & create opportunities to celebrate wins & launches.
- Empower our team to lead & reward their efforts.
- Scale our HQ efforts to our remote employees & offices.
- Introduce metrics & analytics to help decision-makers understand the business benefits of investing in these types of programs & tools.
Who you are:
- Passionate about people & a project management pro
- 5+ years of experience working on people experience or employee engagement
- A creative problem solver who understands how to be scrappy with resources
- Innovative & driven by your own curiosity
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude.
- Desire to create a best-in-class workplace experience
- Motivated self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency & attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment.\
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!