Supports Brand Merchandise Lead & overall quality control of our inbound product receiving team.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Audit Receiving rejections daily in partnership with the Brand Lead
- Handle research, inputting requests, & updating of brand codes that need to be added into our system
- Lightly clean product that can be saved when necessary
- Answer brand & condition questions from the product receiving team
- Assist the condition buyout initiative & process
- Attend training & relevant meetings with merchandising related to brand standards
- Ensure work area is organized at all times
What You Bring To The Role
- A degree in fashion merchandising or a related field
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a luxury fashion environment
- Experience in buying, pricing or planning is a plus
- Must be comfortable with google sheets, documents, presentations & excel
- Strong research skills & understanding of fashion collection information is required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks & stay organized in high volume, face paced environment
- Highly motivated individual who can work independently
- Professional, can do, team player attitude
- Ability to adjust to the ever changing environment
- Knowledge of vintage & archival fashion is a plus
Position reports directly to Regional Studio Styling Manager, Amy Gatewood.
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.