Datalot is a builder of awesome software that bridges the technology gap between online advertising & telephony. We are currently looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our Brooklyn (NY) team, who will play a key part in helping to improve security, uptime, & scalability for the company. If you are excited to work for a fast-growing industry leader with a lot of career growth opportunities, join us!
Given the current state of the COVID-19, this role will start off as a work-from-home position & then transition to work in-office.
What you will be working on
- Own management of all existing infrastructure tooling & automation
- Assist with strategy & implementation of all future infrastructure projects
- Work closely with application & backend engineers to craft sound solutions
- Remediate on penetration & vulnerability test results
- Monitor & build monitoring tools for all systems, applications, logs etc
- Proactively identify & fix security issues
- Implement/maintain automated testing & deployment tools
- Identify & implement solutions pertaining to compliance/certification
- Assist with writing, maintaining & documenting compliance policies/procedures
What we're looking for
- 8+ years of professional experience, with demonstrated leadership ability
- Solid hands-on experience with configuring & maintaining resources on AWS
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure, ideally with Terraform & Ansible
- Experience with container technologies in production environments
- Deep, hands-on experience with Linux & administration
- Expertise with cloud security, such as managing users, roles, & privileges through IAM
- Strong experience in managing the data life-cycle (relational DBs, ETL, warehousing, streaming, etc)
Bonus points: previous experience with SOC2 compliance standards
Personal Attributes: analytical thinker; strong organizational skills; great problem-solver; attention to detail; entrepreneurial mindset; ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven atmosphere; ability to take ownership for your work & calculate risks when needed
Generous paid time off - 15 days your first year (which bumps to 20 days after 3 years, & 25 days after 5 years) on top of paid holidays & sick days
We've got you covered - Datalot pays for 100% of your medical coverage for the Core Medical Plan for both you & your family; plus a range of other benefits -- dental, vision, & life insurance; short-term & long-term disability; commuter benefits; & 401k with company match
A great family-friendly work environment
Fun office culture & team activities
Weekly catered lunches, monthly breakfasts, & a well-stocked kitchen
Datalot is building some of the most innovative online advertising technology for the insurance industry. As it turns out, it's also fun, exciting & rewarding! We work with an insane amount of real-time data, & we see the performance & results of our platform almost immediately - all day, every day.
Founded in 2009, & funded by some of the most respected investors in technology development, our applications & services are relied upon by thousands of clients from small businesses to Fortune 100 companies. With a team of 100+ employees, we have offices in Brooklyn, NY (DUMBO); Denver, CO; & South Florida.
Datalot is an equal opportunity employer who values diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.