At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Team
The Business Development Representative (BDR) program has two goalsgenerate qualified pipeline & develop business development representatives careers. We care deeply about both goals.
We have worked purposefully over the last 2 years to increase the percentage of our new business revenue that comes from the outbound BDR team by partnering closely with our internal customers, Account Executives, to generate high quality meetings & pipeline. During that time we have also helped many BDRs grow into Account Executive & Customer Success roles. As we scale, BDRs are also starting to find homes in other roles across the Sales Engineering, Sales Operations, Marketing, & Partner teams.
While accomplishing these two goals we strive to be a team that always puts our Cloudflare hat on & focuses on the best interests of the company.
What youll do
Were looking for someone who has extensive sales & management experience who can help to scale this team & at the same time preserve our collaborative culture. Over the next year our team will rapidly scale & that will bring with it new challenges including helping to develop a growing team of extraordinary managers.
- Build an initial team of 4+ BDRs (most of which will be outbound BDRs focusing solely on DACH region)
- Execute on vision to make the BDR team a company-wide incubator for talent
- Recruit, interview, & hire excellent BDRs at scale
- Drive execution through rigorous metrics & forecast management
- Maintain & improve relationships with sales & marketing leadership partners
- Work closely with marketing, sales, & sales operations to ensure alignment on your teams strategy & execution
- 5+ years leading a sales team of BDRs or AEs & 4+ years scaling a team of 20+ reps
- 5+ years working in a rapidly growing technology company
- Closing experience & track record of exceeding quota
- Experience building career development programs for high performing individual contributors
- Experience with funnel management across multiple channels (inbound, upsell, outbound, marketing)
- Salesforce & systems knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelors degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (verbal & written in German & English)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.