Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Under the direction of the Assistant General Counsel - Commercial Transactions, you will play an immediate & direct role in commercial transactional work & marketing, supporting our Sales & Business Development segments, our external marketing efforts & our vendor management team as we offer new products & grow in new markets.
What you'll work on:
- Be a trusted partner to Circles Operations, Marketing & PR teams & build a strong line of communication.
- Partner with internal marketing & PR teams to counsel & advise on sales & marketing content, including website material, campaigns, new product launches, sales presentations, & press releases.
- Draft & negotiate a wide variety of contracts with critical vendors.
- Collaborate in the development of marketing & procurement tools to enable the business to run efficiently.
- Support the development & implementation by the Legal team of processes, procedures & metrics to increase the overall effectiveness of the legal services provided to the company.
- Address legal risk in business-centric ways, developing processes to solve problems, strengthening partnerships & advancing opportunities.
- Assist business leaders with contract interpretation & management.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant finance, payments & digital currency space to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound marketing compliance advice.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 6+ of practical, hands-on legal experience.
- Experience negotiating & drafting commercial agreements with strategic vendors in the tech, payments, and/or finance space.
- Experience supporting marketing & sales professionals in reviewing, revising & approving marketing materials from both legal & internal policy perspectives.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams, with a focus on Operations, Product & Marketing.
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across technology product platforms.
- Both law firm & in-house experience are preferred.
- You are passionate about financial technology & the disruptive potential of cryptocurrency & blockchains, are a team player with a sense of humour, & enjoy learning but also mentoring.
- You are comfortable working in an evolving & growing environment that is prone to changes, & managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- You apply sound, practical business judgment to your legal recommendations, & are creative at solving problems while balancing important legal risks for the business.
- You can work autonomously & independently with minimal guidance but are also comfortable working collaboratively as part of a team.
- You have a JD & active membership in at least one US State Bar.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Macbook preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.