Sr. Marketing Manager | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save & invest every day. We are transforming the category & recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Marketing Manager to lead lifecycle marketing for Acorns. You will be responsible for designing, building & executing multichannel marketing campaigns & journeys in order to drive account activation, upgrades & retention. You will own all aspects of your strategies, including asset creation (e-mail, push notification, in app messages, etc.), list segmentation, A/B testing & performance measurement. In partnership with the growth team, finance & many others, you will play a leading role in driving long term customer loyalty & make a meaningful impact on our business. This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision & values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Get a warm welcome & get situated in your new role
- Meet with all the members of the marketing team in addition to all of your key stakeholders & partners (product, analytics, legal, finance, compliance, brand, customer insights, etc.)
- Gain an understanding of the Acorns financial wellness system, the products we offer, & develop an initial understanding of the barriers to account activation, drivers of attrition & current strategies in place for driving upgrades.
- Familiarize yourself with our current Martech stack & how to use it to build customer campaigns & journeys & conduct A/B & multivariate testing
- Review & assess existing CRM processes & workflows for campaign execution
Within 3 months, you will:
- Identify & prioritize the most impactful engagement flows for driving account activation, upgrades & retention & launch multiple experiments to optimize them
- Lay out a roadmap of key projects & priorities for the remainder of the year
- Identify & share areas of opportunity for teams current campaign processes
Within 6 months, you will:
- Lay out a long-term vision & strategy for lifecycle marketing
- Make a recommendation on what additional resources are needed (data science models, marketing technology, headcount, etc.) to deliver a best-in-class lifecycle marketing program that will drive a meaningful impact on revenue & profitability
- Deliver a new reporting approach to keep stakeholders informed of the impact of your efforts
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 7 years of experience managing lifecycle marketing/CRM programs, preferably a startup or financial services company
- Analytical with ability to make insights driven recommendations
- Deep understanding of email, push & in app channels
- Expertise in marketing automation platforms (Braze, Iterable, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/priorities under tight deadlines
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products & experiences
- Exceptional drive & precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
- Experience managing teams of 1-2 a plus
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you & your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented & motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission & our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases & automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard & BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father & son team Walter & Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence & courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity & inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company & culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way