At ShopRunner, our portfolio of products connects customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace & a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Marketplace as a Service or MaaS is our two-sided Marketplace platform which makes it easy for brands (supply) to connect to online shopping destinations (demand) by enabling a rich product catalog wherever their customer is - from top retailer sites to social commerce platforms. Whats in it for brands? Access to new distribution channels, full control over what inventory is displayed & where & proven opportunity to acquire new customers with no upfront investment, low touch integration & dedicated managed services. Whats in it for online shopping destinations? MaaS introduces demand partners to new brands, products & categories to offer for purchase on their platform with faster onboarding, lower supplier tech lift & platform flexibility, to name a few. The landscape of retail is changing & were here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We are a purpose & culture driven organization that prides ourselves on connectivity, equality, diversity & inclusion. We are committed to our people as a service-oriented company as our people are at the heart of everything we do.
We are Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in New York, Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), & Krakow, Poland & we operate as a subsidiary of FedEx Services.
This role can be worked remotely from any of the following states: DE, PA, CA, IL, FL, IN, NJ, NY, TX, UT, VA, WA, MD, NC.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Senior Product Manager in our Payments team, youll be the key to launching new capabilities & identifying consumer & merchant needs while keeping a regular pulse on the market. The Payments team will support business initiatives & company OKRs & deliver new capabilities to the market. Youll own the product strategy for digital payments, a roadmap & work closely with engineering to refine new capabilities & collaborate on delivery.
WHAT YOULL DO
As Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for enabling digital payments capabilities in support of the online business that comprises ecommerce merchants & ShopRunner members. You will provide guidance on new strategic initiatives backed by market research, latest trends, & voice of the customer. You will be passionate about solving customer problems & constantly finding ways to differentiate in the market while staying focused on providing the best user experience.
Youll oversee products that drive discoverability & marketability & be the expert on how to create a seamless payment experience across multiple modalities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Define the product & go-to-market strategies & create the roadmap to scale payments to drive performance for merchants & brands.
- Become familiar with ShopRunner business model & its product offerings
- Become the subject matter expert on our digital wallet & its capabilities & limitations
- Prioritize & plan initiatives based on research, customer feedback & input from market-facing teams, taking calculated risks & balancing trade-offs along the way.
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA & Analytics to define, build, test, launch & measure new payments initiatives.
- Work with Design to learn about customer pain points & improve the retail shopping experience as it relates to payments.
- Maintain a pulse on the changing payments landscape & our merchants current payments capabilities.
- Engage with Data Science to build models that enrich & transform raw data into content that improve discoverability, increase purchase intent & drive productivity.
- Create processes that drive product adoption with counterparts in Onboarding, Customer Success & Marketplace Partnerships.
- Manage multiple initiatives & routinely shift priorities to meet business needs.
- Maintain an evolving product roadmap complete with business needs & be able to articulate the needs to engineering & other stakeholders accordingly.
Youll report to the Director of Product - Payments, & work together to establish the overall vision for our Payments team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Product Experience. 10+ years of product management experience, successfully building, launching & growing digital products (payments industry experience is a huge plus); 5-8 years of professional experience, working in the payments space is highly desired.
- Customer Advocate. You are obsessed with understanding our customers, & their customers, ultimately improving experiences for both parties.
- Strong Communicator. You communicate clearly & persuasively in multiple mediums with peers, engineers, designers, stakeholders, & customers.
- Management Experience. Experience growing & leading product teams & mentoring junior PMs.
- Outcome Focused: You are skilled at defining, monitoring, & optimizing KPIs to measure the business impact of your products.
- Cross-functional Player. You are comfortable working with diverse stakeholders to align on goals, set expectations, report progress, & resolve conflicts. You are excited to collaborate with various teams - from Sales to Operations to Data Science.
- Bias for Action. You know how to make things happen & plan for times when things dont go smoothly.
- Comfort with Ambiguity & Change. You are excited about working in a startup environment & unfazed by the ambiguity & dynamic culture that come with it. Youre not afraid to think big & build light - optimizing for speed-to-market & learnings.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are & consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.