See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Security Engineer, Threat Hunt & Research.
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
In this position, we need someone who can think like a cyber attacker attempting to circumvent security measures. As a technical subject matter expert, youll have an in-depth understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, & procedures, be proficient in log analysis, & work across teams to proactively hunt for threat actor activity in our products, services, & networks. Youll identify opportunities to implement additional preventive & detective security controls & build technical solutions to help Twilio meet our toughest challenges. This is a chance to think differently about cyber defense, & to develop the next generation of security analytics. You will act as a primary technical resource (and escalation point) for operational incident support, fraud investigations, threat analysis, & threat hunting.
Twilio is looking for a technical SME who lives the Twilio Magic & has demonstrated success hunting for & mitigating threats across the enterprise & beyond. The Security Operations team is vital to ensuring that Twilio operations leadership has access to actionable intelligence that informs decision making on a global scale.
In this role, youll:
- BE AN OWNER: Subject matter expert on logs to enable Twilio to query, process & manipulate in a variety of platforms & formats
- DRAW THE OWL: Proactively hunt for threats & vulnerabilities from various angles & disciplines including social media & the dark web
- NO SHENANIGANS: Conduct in-depth research in security & big data technologies to identify trends, best practices, & potential gaps in security
- DONT SETTLE: Identify credible, new intelligence & subject matter resources relative to current/emerging threats
- BE INCLUSIVE: Support projects via engineering, testing, implementation, & integration
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5-7 years of experience at the sharp end of cyber security, including at least 2 years experience identifying, investigating, & mitigating or exploiting (legally) cyber security threats or vulnerabilities.
- Experience conducting proactive technical investigations & response to threats across the full spectrum of adversary capabilities, from everyday, through cybercriminal, to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT).
- Understands the range of security controls that can be leveraged against attackers.
- A passion for finding the signal in the noise! Confident analyzing & interpreting log files from various sources, including endpoints, network devices, applications, & cloud services.
- Experience applying some formal analytical methods & data analysis techniques to investigations to maximize robustness, completeness, & correctness.
- Knowledge of, & experience applying, multiple models of threat actor behavior, such as the MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, & Adversary Lifecycle Analysis.
- Ability to provide adversary mitigation recommendations & to present executive-level recommendations in light of novel & technically complicated attack scenarios.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge of relevant technical cyber security subjects through any combination of formal education awards, professional certifications, conference presentations, published technical papers, unpublished primary research, contributions to the infosec community or open source software, authoritative personal recommendations, or similar.
This role will be remote in EMEA with a preference for candidates located in UK / Ireland
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.