Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about designing compensation programs that help to attract & retain amazing talent as well as leveraging People data to tell compelling stories.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager who thrives in a fast-paced environment & drives best practices to ensure that DigitalOcean has first-in-class compensation programs & People analytics. Reporting to the VP, Total Rewards the Sr. Manager, Compensation & Analytics will get to manage the design, development, implementation & administration of global compensation policies & programs. They will also get to leverage their analytical problem solving skills to conduct research, analyze data & solve complex problems through fact-based decision making.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Design, implement & effectively administer DOs compensation programs globally, including base pay, annual bonus plans, sales incentive plans & equity programs.
- Collaborate with the larger People team to identify & address talent trends through our compensation practices, tying them to our employment value proposition & competitive market practices while demonstrating good financial stewardship.
- Along with your direct reports, strive for operational excellence across all practices, processes, & systems to deliver streamlined & impactful employee experience at all levels.
- Maintain effective HRIS processes to ensure compensation data integrity.
- Develop compelling & educational communication plans & programs to ensure employees have a clear understanding of the company's compensation philosophy & compensation practices.
- Nurture strong cross-functional relationships with payroll, finance, legal, communications & other People colleagues on the team.
- Ensure all compensation programs are in compliance with applicable regulatory & legislative requirements in various jurisdictions, including but not limited to FLSA, OFCCP, pay fairness legislation, minimum wage requirements, overtime rules, GDPR, etc. Coordinate with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Leverage & analyze People data to create hypotheses, make predictions, problem solve & arm business leaders with robust data sets to help them better understand the People part of their functions & to drive meaningful change.
- Oversee dashboard creation, metrics, & analyses for Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) reporting, attrition reporting, exit interview trends, annual engagement survey data
- Partner with our People Business Partner team to socialize data narratives with our executive & leadership teams in a consistent, thoughtful, & action oriented way
What Youll Add to DigitalOcean:
- Compensation management experience with a global employer
- In-depth knowledge of US compensation laws & regulations including IRS code, FLSA, SEC regulations, EEO, SOX, state minimum wage, & pay equity legislation. Working knowledge of international compensation laws & regulations.
- In-depth understanding of HRIS.
- Outstanding Excel skills.
- CCP or a similar certificate preferred.
- Effective collaboration skills, managing partnerships with vendors, internal partners, & outside consultants to achieve results.
- Initiative & drive, ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects & work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Extraordinary verbal & written communication skills.
- Strong coaching, development, & overall leadership skills.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our People team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!