Breather helps businesses grow with private, modern workspace available for any duration of time, & on completely flexible terms. Our network of 500 spaces spans across 10 markets including New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Washington DC, Toronto, Montreal & London, powered by in-house tech allowing anyone to instantly unlock space anywhere.
Our mission is to empower businesses with access to productive space that grows as they do. With over 10,000+ clients & the support of leading tech & real estate investors, were already well on our way & we want your help to reach the next step of the journey.
Reporting to the HR Generalist, the People Operations Coordinator provides support & facilitates the processes of a variety of HR programs related to recruiting, on-boarding, recognition, employee engagement & performance. This person also will contribute to making the New York office a great place to work by managing day-to-day office tasks & by suggesting new ideas on how to continuously improve employee experience.
As a People Operations Coordinator at Breather, you will...
- Support recruitment activities : conduct background checks, administer job postings, track the referral program, etc.
- Support on-boarding activities : scheduling on-boarding mandatory trainings, prepare on-boarding kits, etc.
- Respond to employee questions on various HR topics : benefits, policies, programs, etc.
- Administer HR initiatives : company wide events, internal communications, coordinating the recognition program & birthdays & anniversaries program, etc.
- Create employee records & update organizational charts & various data in databases & tools.
- Write employment letters, contracts, annual salary increase letters, verification of employment, etc.
- Provide the necessary support to HR team members in various HR processes : performance reviews, employee survey, etc.
- Support team members in the preparation & organization of events related to their field of activity.
- Serve as the point person for all things office & building related for our NYC office.
- Ensure the NYC office is operational, presentable, & well-maintained; check in on conference rooms to ensure that items & furniture are properly set up for meetings throughout the day.
- Coordinate all catering for company wide events such as Lunch & Learns & Town Halls.
- Maintain & track office inventory including office supplies & snacks, & research advantageous deals or suppliers.
- Coordinate maintenance requests, shipping, & mailing of packages.
Helpful skills & experience youll need to succeed:
- Exceptionally detail-oriented & takes pride in constantly producing high-quality work
- Naturally proactive, energetic, creative & open-minded
- Enthusiastic about creative projects, & not afraid to think outside the box & propose suggestions
- A problem solver who is not afraid to take on a new challenge or research new approaches
- Comfortable & professional in client-facing scenarios including events & hosted meetings
- Comfortable handling all work aspects in a professional, mature, positive, & discreet way, including handling confidential information sensitively
- Must be able to multitask & prioritize with minimal supervision, handling demands from various team members, & be able to communicate & execute to deadlines
- Bachelors Degree or work experience equivalent.
- 2-4 years of work experience in a human resources department.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of French language is considered an asset
- Motivation to join a fast growing, dynamic organization!
Perks & Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks & benefits:
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary & company equity
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, & dental coverage
- Annual wellness & learning reimbursement
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, theyll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!
- Fun work environment & company culture with an upbeat, first-class team plus a kitchen filled with healthy snacks & treats!