Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context & an intuitive design, Replica helps public & private sectors make informed, effective, & responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move & work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners & understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replicas insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 & recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, & Revolutions Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in Oakland, New York, & Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, & work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing & bringing together a diverse workforce & creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences & we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
The Solutions Engineer (SE) will report to the VP of Sales, & interact primarily with our customers in collaboration with Account Executives. The SE will also interact with Product & Customer Success teams.
The Solutions Engineer will support account executives' ability to sell to technical buyers of the Replica platform by conducting in depth tailored product demonstrations & answering advanced questions about our products. They will also deliver value throughout the sales process via product demonstrations & increase opportunity win rates & Proof of Concept conversions to deals. More specifically, the solutions engineer will:
- Conduct in-depth product demonstrations in collaboration with Account Executives & Customer Success Managers
- Competently communicated our technical approach -- various behavior models -- to technically inclined customers & subject matter experts
- Effectively communicate technical needs & requirements from prospective customers to internal product managers
- Work with Account Executives & other members of the growth team to meet & exceed company revenue goals
- Facilitate data evaluation workflows with prospective customers -- define data evaluation parameters, provide Replica data extracts for evaluation, & be an available resource for prospective customers as the evaluation occurs.
- Demonstrated & successful experience working in a team oriented environment
- 2+ years of experience conducting demos of SaaS products/platforms
- 1+ years experience in transportation or urban planning with specific experience in travel modeling required -- either creating, supporting, or running.
- 3+ years of SaaS experience desired
- Excellent communication, presentation, & customer service skills required
- Preferred: Big Data experience
What We Value
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly & directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team & are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience & potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA & HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in Oakland, New York, & Kansas City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level & at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity & good judgment & be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds & sustains credibility with colleagues, clients & other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning & marketing, sales & market development & planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, & we're looking for someone excited to join the team.