As a member of our Data Engineering team, youll sit with a diverse team of software engineers, data scientists & business analysts, working closely with your team to turn complex sources into understandable data. The data sets, pipelines & tools that you build will be involved in pivotal, company-level decisions for years to come. Not only that, but youll work on a team where constant learning & team-wide knowledge sharing is a core part of our culture. You will report to our Team Lead, Data Engineering in our NYC Headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build & maintain data processing services
- Write, test, & review primarily microbatch or streaming ETL
- Continuously improve of our system, tests, & data quality indicators
- Guide our technical decisions
- Keep yourself up-to-date & informed about new technologies
- Encourage the technical growth of your teammates
- Experience working with SQL
- Experience working with financial systems is a plus
- You love working directly with the people whose problems you're solving
- You are experienced at data modeling, storage, security, & retrieval
- You enjoy working with dynamic programming languages, relational databases, & distributed systems. Our platform is ever-evolving, but currently is a combination of Python, Java, Postgres, Kubernetes, Spark, Presto, Kafka, & Mongo
- You gain a deep understanding of the products & tools you work with
- 2+ years of industry experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,100 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.