See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Designer (L3).
Who we are & why were hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications & data solutions that help companies & developers worldwide build better applications & customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia & Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism & all forms of oppression & bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, & we're looking for more builders, creators, & visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to contribute to the design of our customer experiences of our Flex Communications Platform. In this role you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to discover, define, & design the experience of our platform that is used by customer service staff to connect with their customers.
The ideal candidate will be an advocate for our customer-informed process, a champion & active contributor to our inclusive-by-default Design System, a partner to our UX team members in upholding our principles & standards, & a UX leader who takes a holistic, human-centered approach to design.
In this role, youll:
As a Product Designer supporting the Flex team, you will live our Twilio Values, & be able to:
- Wear the Customers Shoes: Engage with our customers to understand their needs, & design products & workflows to unlock their potential. Articulate the customer problem & success metrics, & gain alignment with stakeholders on your approach to testing, learning, & iterating on a solution.
- Be an Owner: Own & advance the vision for our communication platforms. Take personal accountability for achievement of goals & results.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize: Work closely with Product & Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to solve the most important customer problems effectively & efficiently. Break down complex problems, write & test hypotheses, craft success measures, & thoughtfully iterate from minimal lovable to mature, best-in-class product experiences.
- Empower Others + Dont Settle: Collaborate with other Product Designers, providing accurate, constructive, & motivating guidance that helps improve their skills, & the outcome of their work. Collaborate with other Product Designers in elevating our standards. Participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency. Advocate for more efficient processes & higher standards across the UX organization.
- No Shenanigans + Be Inclusive: Remain open, transparent, & inclusive while sharing work at various stages of the process, proactively inviting diverse (and potentially contrary) inputs in your design process, and remaining humble while asking for & providing useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, & we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having desired qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Has a proven user-centered design workflow that comprises: research, design, prototyping, presentation, sharing & soliciting feedback, user testing, influencing key decision making, & collaborative handoffs with developers.
- Can share a portfolio with beautiful, usable, straightforward, & lovable designs that demonstrate technical product thinking & an understanding of user-centered design methodologies.
- Has a demonstrated advocacy for design & research methodologies, & is proficient in running quantitative & qualitative research, such as usability testing, analysis, interviews, & field studies.
- Holds a passion for feedback & the ability to provide useful & constructive feedback to peers of all levels.
- Has experience designing & evolving complex application software in a fast-past environment.
- Experience designing advanced data visualizations and/or dashboard tools is a plus.
- Has 3+ years of industry experience & a related degree or equivalent experience in UX, Design, HCI, Information Management, Psychology, or Anthropology.
- High level of influencing & networking skills.
- Ability to challenge views/perspectives while securing buy-in from stakeholders.
- Strong communication, facilitation & presentation skills.
- Worked at a SaaS software company serving B2B customers.
Remote US; This position is a remote role but is NOT eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental & wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, & much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, & are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering & donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, & be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.